Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nola504

join:2012-12-22
New Orleans

2 edits

[LA] Upload speed has disappeared

Has anyone else in the New Orleans area seen their upload speed drop completely? It was working fine for as long as I can remember but now won't even load on any speed test sites. Download speeds are fine. I have tried removing router from equation, different ethernet cables, eliminating splitter, etc. I'm just trying to figure out if it is on cox's end or mine. Here are my modem levels.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have the premier package (25Mbps Down/2.5Mbps Up). Well at least it is uploading now. Not what the speed test show on a sustained upload but better than nothing.

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
If those are recent test results, they're within the "premier" level of service.. What more do you want?

nola504

New Orleans
How about for it to last longer than 10 mins and to be able to utilize the other ~1/2 of the bandwidth I "pay for" without powerboost distorting the results. Here are some recent results which are on par for the last few days.

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
reply to nola504
Judging by the signal page you provided you're running an old docsis 2.0 modem.. I would replace that with a new docsis 3 modem and see if that helps.

nola504

New Orleans
Thanks for the suggestion. I considered buying a docsis 3 with the recent hiccups, but i gave this old modem one last shot. I tried resetting to factory defaults and restarting the modem. After this, my speeds seem back to normal. I noticed that on the configuration page my upstream channel id changed after resetting to factory defaults. Upstream channel id = 1 when i was having problems to upstream channel id = 2 after resetting to factory defaults and reconnecting. I think we may have had some recent storms this week that caused power loss, so I'm not sure if this contributed to the modem's issue. Here are recent speed tests with no hangups during upload test