uniqs

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour to NoHereNoMo

to NoHereNoMo

Re: Hulu Plus...Tried it...hated it...

said by NoHereNoMo:

You should hook your computer up to an HD-TV.

[Edit:] If your computer isn't really good for that, then you could try what I'm planning to do--get that new $200 Acer Chromebook ...

That won't be HD, tho, either way, will it?

Jim
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

1 edit

NoHereNoMo

Well, non-Plus hulu doesn't have HD, but non-HD TVs don't have the connections for the hook up (VGA or HDMI/DVI). [Edit:] Of course, it's about the signal from the computer--which is assuredly "HD"--and not whether hulu is offering HD content.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Why do you need a computer to watch Hulu Plus HD? You just watch directly on your Samsung Smart HD TV.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

I don't (seeing as I don't have hulu Plus). Nor do I have a Samsung Smart HD-TV. (I saw what you did there. However, I did just get a Samsung Smart Blu-ray player--haven't played with the "smart" stuff yet.) I did try hulu Plus once, on my non-Samsung, non-Smart-but-smart-enough Sony netbox (which works great with Netflix); it could take hulu as much as a minute between going from content to commercial or vice versa. Whether it was something about hulu or about the netbox I don't know. At the time, though, a lot of shows were still "unavailable" for viewing on a TV--couldn't say how true that is now. Of all the features hulu Plus offers now, the only one that seems even a little interesting is being able to watch lots more episodes of all or mostly all(?) the shows. But the only time I ever watch hulu is to catch a recent show that I happened to miss (yep, like an always on VCR/DVR that catches everything). So, nothing really "value-added" there for me. And I hate commercials (which don't make TV "free" by the way--they just make everything we buy more expensive, so we wind up paying for it anyway).