spc
uniqs

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis to tcg

to tcg

Re: [WIN7] Win7 Internet/Firewall problems

I'll need a bit of hand holding here. How do I make sure the Local Service is the logon account.....?

I jumped ahead and switched the Windows Firewall "log on" option to "Local System Account" instead of "This Account" and now when I switch back to "This Account" it says to enter a valid password

tcg
Premium Member
join:2003-09-12
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

For both the Firewall and Network Store Interface Service, on the logon tab, it should have "This account" selected and the account is "Local Service". Make sure to delete the password in both boxes. It should tell you that the Local Service account has been granted logon access. (This is the same as I had you do to the Firewall service in my 2nd post, btw)

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

Ok, got it. What happens is when I clear the password and press OK, I do not get message indicating granted local access. And when I double click and check the log on tab, the password field is not empty anymore.

tcg
Premium Member
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

You should be fine. It will show to have a password when you go back and look at it, but this is not really important. If you blanked it and hit Apply, you should see the message. You need to do this for both the service I mentioned.

Is the NSI Proxy Service driver showing that it is started? If so, try to start the Network Store Interface Service.

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

NSI status is started.

Starting Network Store Interface Service results in:

Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

tcg
Premium Member
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

And you changed/verified that this service is using Local Service (note the space) for the logon?

Edit: if so, try this user instead: NT AUTHORITY\LocalService

Do the same for Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service.

Be sure to blank the password for each and then restart the services.

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

This what I see for Network Store Interface Service logon on tab

I will try the other user instead

Edit:

Tried NT AUTHORITY\LocalService for both services, and got the same error code when restarting Network Store Interface.

Also, when I go back into the logon tab for both services, it does not show NT AUTHORITY\LocalService but simply Local Service instead.

tcg
Premium Member
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

They are the same user, just slightly different syntax to arrive at it. Try restarting the computer since we've made these changes and see what happens.

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

So, I restarted the machine and retried starting those services and am still getting the same errors. Is this looking like a fresh install of Windows is required?

tcg
Premium Member
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

you might try a repair/upgrade install first.

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

Thanks for your trouble in this, I'll give that route a shot.

tcg
Premium Member
Lubbock, TX

tcg

Premium Member

Let us know.