spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KeyLogger

join:2007-08-08

[OOL] how long can a customer suspend/hold services for Vacation

can't find anything on cablevision.com by a simple search for "vacation".
saw topics about vacation suspend couple times in here, but not the "maximum".

BTW, anyone who suspended before, what does it say when you try to go online? it says modem need to activate, just like a regular none activated modem, or it really says the account is suspended?

OOL Only customer.

TIA

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

Re: [OOL] how long can a customer suspend/hold services for Vaca

Are you talking about a days vacation or leaving NY for the winter and coming back months later?

If it's months, why not outright cancel and later sign up as a new customer w/ full discount?
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to KeyLogger
You can go to the seasonal package from October to April 1 (can start & stop once in that window at any time), which has basic TV + Encore or something, and inbound calling. You can outright cancel service, but your number is only reserved for 30 days before it becomes available for allocation to another customer.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to KeyLogger
Since you are OOL only, just cancel it if you are leaving for an extended period of time.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Jackarino:

Since you are OOL only, just cancel it if you are leaving for an extended period of time.

Oh, I didn't read, do what he said.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
said by frdrizzt:

said by Jackarino:

Just remember to return the modem. If you do cancel (as opposed to suspend) there is the issue of what happens to your Email Address and Email as well as how easy it is to reactivate and resume your account. Do you just drop into a Store Front to pick up your replacement modem and then go home to connect it to the coax (or is a truck roll needed to reactivate your service)?

KeyLogger

1 edit
few years ago they told me a truck roll is needed when i asked if i can get modem from ool store and install myself, and even i said more than once, the cable came from outsite to my home was perfect. still told me a technician is a must, and that's the only way for new customer.

~~~~~~~~~~
i think they will delete your account quite fast after cancel, not sure if you can resume an account if deleted for too long. and no discount to resume?

i been cancelled and resume once (decided not moving, but forgot to call them to resume, untill can't go online, then call to resume, told me if i do this again, will charge $X (forgot how much).

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Correct. They will require a truck roll to install service again even if reusing existing wiring. I tried avoiding this myself recently. They really want to collect their $30 install fee.

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to KeyLogger
You'll have 135 days before email is deleted. Upon reactivation, if the account number changes, you probably have to transfer it to the new account (last number of account number will increment by 1). If you restart service, you may be eligible for a promo and may have an install fee. If you go to seasonal service, you will not have install fee but will not have any promo (existing promos will not restart after exiting seasonal service). It may be cheaper to keep service as-is if you have a promo now, depending on length of time before you would restore service.

stu

join:2000-11-03
Patchogue, NY
reply to KeyLogger
If you cancel they disconnect the cable at the pole. This is free as you are leaving.

When you return you must make an appointment to reconnect the cable and the tech will install all boxes you order. This cost a truck run and it cost.

When I leave for a few months I return all boxes and request basic service. It cost $13.95 a month and requires a newer TV that can receive the signal. They will try to up sell to the seasonal package.

At my return I go to the service center and just get the equipment I need. As I have been gone over 3 months I am considered a "new" customer who is upgrading and I get what new deals are available at the moment. The cost of the basic line is less then the reinstall and the saving I get as a new customer.

I do not care about the phone as I have a POTS and VOIP line.

Stu

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to RARPSL
said by RARPSL:

said by frdrizzt:

said by Jackarino:

Just remember to return the modem. If you do cancel (as opposed to suspend) there is the issue of what happens to your Email Address and Email as well as how easy it is to reactivate and resume your account. Do you just drop into a Store Front to pick up your replacement modem and then go home to connect it to the coax (or is a truck roll needed to reactivate your service)?

What happens if you forget to return it and they send you the bill? If you still have the modem will they drop the fee? ($300 I think?)
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

KeyLogger

reply to KeyLogger
broadcast basic is $15.52 in my area (it says vary by area), does it included tax and one cable box? (i heard it needs a cable box now)

stu

join:2000-11-03
Patchogue, NY
From my bill

12/23 -01/22 Broadcast Basic $13.41

In Suffolk county, NY

They will try to tell you it needs a cable box but just say that your TV can receive the signal. This may not be true in areas that all the signals are encoded, but if you can plug cable into the TV and using the TV menu get a picture on the over the air channels you are good to go.

Even if not you will not be there.

Stu

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
In NYC territories only (Bronx and Brooklyn), a cable box or CableCard is required for broadcast basic.