share rss forum feed

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

Funny everything is now faster without throttling

Click for full size
This is also while downloading a game full speed from Origin. Proving again that traffic management serves no purpose as the speed boost is actually higher than it was with throttling!

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON
Hmm mine to

Yes - traffic management has been removed on your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to mlerner
Mine continued to say it was throttled up until my last check, which was last week. Now it says it's not throttled.

I call B.S. I wouldn't be surprised if it's lying. I smell a lawsuit.

I'll have to test out some torrents or something later.
--
Weeeeeee

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
Well I personally see a speed improvement from everything I normally do.. though I haven't tried torrents.

I also heard the new tiers will be available network wide early next year so perhaps they have turned it off for all areas now.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to nekkidtruth
Click for full size
Oh I'm sure they are lying... or it's just not working at all. I just checked a very familiar area code... or should I say a ZIP code: 90210. I was surprised to see the results.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Dustyn:

Oh I'm sure they are lying... or it's just not working at all. I just checked a very familiar area code... or should I say a ZIP code: 90210. I was surprised to see the results.

Figures.
--
Weeeeeee

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
still isn't removed in Ottawa.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

Not completely inaccurate. Whatever traffic management Rogers had implemented in Beverly Hills, CA has no doubt now been removed.

I have noticed a bit better speeds too, but I think they upped the tiers a little. I know my upload went from 1 to 2 meg.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Your upload increasing from 1Mbps to 2Mbps is not due to throttling but the speed increases Rogers has rolled out to their Express, Extreme, Extreme Plus, and Ultimate products.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
said by creed3020:

Your upload increasing from 1Mbps to 2Mbps is not due to throttling but the speed increases Rogers has rolled out to their Express, Extreme, Extreme Plus, and Ultimate products.

Oh, I know. Just that the timing was coincident with the throttling (supposedly) going away. So it's hard to make an apples to apples comparison of just the throttling.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

lol.. I had 2 meg upstream since a year ago. I'm on the 75/2 ultimate tier. But my downstream has never been this fast consistently even with the speed boost upgrade until recently when they removed throttling.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to Ian
said by Ian:

said by creed3020:

Oh, I know. Just that the timing was coincident with the throttling (supposedly) going away. So it's hard to make an apples to apples comparison of just the throttling.

Seems clear cut to me unless Rogers magically upgraded everyone overnight last week which they wouldn't do in any case since they were probably already in maintenance blackout for the holidays

ViSkY

join:2011-03-16
canada
reply to mlerner
Noticed my torrents maxing out my connection, after a year and a half, I can finally enjoy this beautiful moment.