Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Cable Box Error after power failure

Click for full size
Hi everyone, so I just got home and found my cable box displaying an error message. I rebooted it and got the message again... then the electric went out for 30 seconds which rebooted the box and third time and the message came back.

Pressing "C" brings up a picture, but just wondering if there's a problem? Anyone else loose power and experience a similar error?

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

I think that message is pretty clear...call CV and ask them wtf.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

Jmartz

Tenafly, NJ

I cleared it and it went away. It seems to be working just fine. If the power goes out again and the message comes back again I'll call them. Just wondering if anyone saw a problem today.

Jmartz

Tenafly, NJ
reply to Jmartz

I called support, after I was able to get the guy to stop saying the box was rebooting on it's own he basically told me that if I pushed clear and all services are working that I should not worry about it.

All services are working, so I guess I should not worry about it even though it's clearly having an issue... he checked to see if there were any reported outages and he did not see anything.

We left it at that. I'll post in the direct forum. The boxes shouldn't be giving errors when they boot up if everything is correct!

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1

Direct forum doesn't deal with iO issues, unless things changed over the past year.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to Jmartz

probably an IP conflict/DHCP error.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by IllIlIlllIll:

probably an IP conflict/DHCP error.

Sounds like it. You can try unplugging the box when not in use and you'll increase the odds of the IP address renewal not occurring, and another device may get the IP instead of you. You can also swap the box and you'll have a new IP address. If there were no leases available CV would know.

Any issues with on-demand or interactive channels?

Jmartz

Tenafly, NJ

Nope. Everything works just fine. Just don't want this to become bigger problem. Happens on all 4 boxes...

Unwinder

join:2002-01-24
Patchogue, NY

I had the same problem. Called and was told that is a glich in the new guide. Then told to hit the C button and it cleared up. They are working on the problem internally.