Expand your moderator at work

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

Re: [rant] Apple Support Sucks

When dealing it any support I take the position that you can attract more flies with honey than poop.
--
In a nation of spoiled children, Santa Claus always wins.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to not

Re: [rant] Apple Support Sucks

Apple support going down hill based on this customer satisfaction report:
»allthingsd.com/20121227/apple-fa···-survey/
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
That looks to be ONLINE RETAIL sales survey, not support and apparently not even brick and mortar stores....just stuff bought from Apple daut kaum.
--
In a nation of spoiled children, Santa Claus always wins.

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to not
I will send a memo to all of my employees to tell them to take care of everyone's issues.

But seriously, Apples support is the best out there, way better then any other tech company's.

lunarPlexus
Nothin' Up Muh Sleeve
Premium
join:2003-02-08
Chicago, IL
said by SteveJobs:

I will send a memo to all of my employees to tell them to take care of everyone's issues.

But seriously, Apples support is the best out there, way better then any other tech company's.

SteveJobs See Profile, thank you so much! I took my son's mid 2010 MacBook in to the Lincoln Park Apple Store today, because the bottom rubber was peeling off and a screw in the bottom case had come loose and gotten lost. One month out of warranty, I was expecting to get a new screw put in and maybe some advice on how best to restick the rubber.

The genius (Matt) looked at it and said that there was a warranty replacement for this issue. All new bottom case, free of charge. I said great, do we have to leave it? He checked something and said he could do it then. He disappeared into the bowels of the store and came back about 10 minutes later. As I’m signing the $0 bill, he asks if I had noticed the hairline cracks on the top case near the hinge. I hadn’t (not my machine and it wasn’t that obvious). I asked my son if he had noticed and he just looked kind of sheepish. (Ah.)

So Matt says there’s another issue he knows about and he would be happy to replace the top case (and screen), also for free. He apologized, but said he could not do that one right away. It would be 3-5 days. He said we could leave it then, or bring it back another day, if that was more convenient. My son said to just do it.

We went out to lunch and then went home. About 45 minutes after we got home, I got a call from the Apple store. The laptop was ready to be picked up!

We went to get it. Some other guy went to get it and starts poking on his iPad and says that will be $265.14. I pointed out to him on the work order where Matt had written:

Proposed Resolution: - replace display module
this repair should be discounted 100% at the time of pickup, no cost to customer, reference article for MacBook Crack on Rear Display Bezel - EM297

And he flagged down a manager who said OK.

First fix was noted as “Warranty Status: Quality Program(E1)” with a price of $112.86 and an amount due of $0. I think that was pretty standard.

The second fix was noted as Warranty Status: Out of Warranty(OW) with a price of $265.14 and an amount due of $265.14. Matt told me he had to write it up that way, but I would be paying zip. I think this was discretionary.

So tonight my son is enjoying a 13 month old laptop that is 100% new on the outside. It’s his birthday tomorrow. Thank you, Apple!

p.s. According to Matt, the issues with the bottom case may reoccur. He said they will continue to replace this, if necessary, for free, until 5 years from the date of purchase! We’ll see about that. Hopefully, we won’t have to ever find out.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
Great story LunarPlexus. I find it refreashing every now and again to hear something positive about anything ...
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...