spc
uniqs

not
@comcast.net

not to dellsweig

Anon

to dellsweig

Re: how to get IOS to join Wifi - passkey less than 8 chars

While you're at it, file a bug report/complaint to the maker of the wireless gear there to fix that glitch in their firmware. If they refuse and state that 7 should be sufficient regardless of regulations, then file a complaint to Apple on their Feedback page that they shouldn't be locking users out of possible configs because they feel like following the current guidelines. That choice should be the user's, not Apple's.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

No, Apple shouldn't be permitting settings outside of expected IEEE specifications. The emails should be going to vendors not updating their gear to current IEEE specification.
Expand your moderator at work
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to not

Premium Member

to not

Re: how to get IOS to join Wifi - passkey less than 8 chars

said by not :

While you're at it, file a bug report/complaint to the maker of the wireless gear there to fix that glitch in their firmware. If they refuse and state that 7 should be sufficient regardless of regulations, then file a complaint to Apple on their Feedback page that they shouldn't be locking users out of possible configs because they feel like following the current guidelines. That choice should be the user's, not Apple's.

If the owner of the deli had the thing set to factory default settings, what makes you think it was running up-to-date firmware?

not
@comcast.net

not

Anon

said by Daemon:

If the owner of the deli had the thing set to factory default settings, what makes you think it was running up-to-date firmware?

Where in my post do you see me say anything about latest firmware? While the proper steps would be to check to make sure it's on latest firmware and then test against this issue and then file a bug report if it's still present, that doesn't detract from the fact that it must still be done. Please don't put words or assumptions into my mouth. What I said and what you "think" I meant are two completely different things.