uniqs
BigT6674
join:2011-05-02

BigT6674

Slow internet speed

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Slow internet speeds started about two months ago. I've been lazy but now I enough. Called tier 2 about 3-4 times now they changed the modem, ran tests. They say they are finding some interference but not enough to do anything bad, but something is slow down the internet. I need help. Can anyone help me figure this thing out?

I caught some FEC and CRC, and see some interference between 0 and 2 mhz on the bitloading. Error table is clean.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

1 edit

Paralel

The FEC & CRC rates shouldn't be negative, since that's impossible... Most likely just UVRT being stupid since your error table is clean.

However, overall, your IP Profile tab, error table and bitloading graph all look good. Better than mine in fact, and I max out my 12 Mbps connection.

Have you tested the speeds hardwired directly to the gateway and not wireless? Tested using more than one system? Tested with another wired/wireless router set to DMZ Plus mode?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

The FEC & CRC rates shouldn't be negative, since that's impossible... Most likely just UVRT being stupid since your error table is clean.

However, overall, your IP Profile tab, error table and bitloading graph all look good. Better than mine in fact, and I max out my 12 Mbps connection.

Have you tested the speeds hardwired directly to the gateway and not wireless? Tested using more than one system? Tested with another wired/wireless router set to DMZ Plus mode?

He cleared his error table within 2 seconds of showing it's reports. UVRT probably got confused when he did so and showed those negatives.

@BigT6674

I suggest you post another error table that has a longer history than two seconds since it's hard to see what's actually going on.

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to BigT6674

to BigT6674
What exactly does "slow internet" mean? Your probably setting yourself up for fail looking only into line stats for answers.