share rss forum feed

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
reply to Libra

Re: [WIN7] CAP12 error HELP

What were you trying to do at 1:36 AM this morning?

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Actually my daughter was trying to update credit card information at a site - she was UNABLE to do so. So the SSL part of the SChannel errors leads me to believe this is probably related to the roots certificates.

I have an important question. I was reading about System Restore and it mentioned the SYSTEM RESTORE API. I remember Security Update KB278354 was released and among its problems it caused a problem with API. MS reissued this update around December 21.

Since I installed the XPsp3 rootsupd.exe cabinet file would the non-working API cause System Restore not to correct this problem?

I have restore points prior to installing the XP file and the re-issued KB278354 installed . Could using another restore point possibly help?

I need advice. Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

Have you tried installing the correct W7 root certificates? You can download it from the MS Update Catalog. If this will be your first time to go to MUC, it will ask you to install the active-x, allow it, then do a search of KB931125. Download the appropriate certs for W7, unzip it then manualy install the root certs by running the executable(exe).
»catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/···ome.aspx

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
reply to Libra

said by Libra:

Actually my daughter was trying to update credit card information at a site - she was UNABLE to do so. So the SSL part of the SChannel errors leads me to believe this is probably related to the roots certificates.

I need advice. Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

What browser was being used at the time?
Check that browsers Encryption setting(s) and ensure that SSL 3.0 is selected.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

The browser is Pale Moon and SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are both selected.

Shouldn't system restore have undone that XP Win 32 cabinet extraction that I did?

I'm just concerned that if the root certificates on this computer is broken when we are at a https site it may not actually be secure.

Sincerely, Libra