spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

Channel 8\NBC Price Increase

It's time for Cable Providers to stand up to the networks and say "NO TO ANY PRICE INCREASE".

We all know that when Providers give in and pay higher network demands that the increase eventually is past on to us...the customer.

BHN say no to any Price increase from Channel 8 and NBC.......
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Thank you for your support RBMoving! Take a moment to share how you feel and check up on the status of things here »onyourside.brighthouse.c ··· bay.html

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to rbmoving

to rbmoving
Cable/Satellite providers need to just come up with some sort of USB dongle that connects to an OTA antenna and stop carrying local channels. If ya want em connect the dongle and and OTA antenna. I dont even watch the locals anyway so I really could care less anyway.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert to rbmoving

Premium Member

to rbmoving
This isn't the first time this idea has been tossed out there. I've read several blurbs about it and if you think about it...problem solved. This is what the satellite guys did for years...you had your OTA and then Dish.

Of course you have the problem of those outside the footprint of OTA though.
PaulyIzGod
join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL

PaulyIzGod to rbmoving

to rbmoving
I wish a company would do this, but it would be suicide for a company because if they don't all do it then the customer will just switch. It's to bad that these contracts do not end at the same time for multiple companies. Would make it a lot harder on the channel provider if the cable, and telco companies came together.

Swindle
Shattered Dreams
join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL

Swindle

Agreed ... It would be nice to see a television provider not "give-in" ... Keep our bills a little lower each year.

simba1994
join:2002-02-10
Seminole, FL

simba1994

I'm not sure it's always the providers "giving in", as the negotiation is usually going both ways. WFLA will lose advertising dollars if it is no longer carried on BHN, and BHN loses subscribers if it doesn't carry WFLA. Unfortunately, the subscribers are left in the middle of the battle.

The worst part of the problem is that horrible crawl that WFLA puts on the screen during prime time warning us about the agreement ending.