how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wllweb

join:2003-01-10
Gardner, KS

Drops and speed problems in Gardner, KS

I'm live in Gardner, KS and for several months now have been having nothing but problems. I talked with them about it and they ran a line test and detected problems. Then told me there wasn't anything else that could be done. I've tried several different modems and always have the same problems with drops and VERY low speeds. Dial up was better than the 6mbps I'm paying for and only getting .5kbps most of the time.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2389205244.png

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by wllweb:

Dial up was better than the 6mbps I'm paying for and only getting .5kbps most of the time.

Good friend of mine signed up for 'at&t Yahoo! HSI Elite' (6016/768 service) but was only getting around .3kbps. I had her check her stats, and her SNR was less than 1.0 dB, but her attenuation was pretty good. I had her clean up the wiring at the NID, and her SNR went up to near 30 dB, and her sync went to 6016.

If you can, check your line stats both at the lack, and at the NID:

»AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ »How to check modem stats, synch rates & speeds from test jack at the NID.

If the numbers look better at the NID, check your premises wiring. Otherwise call it in.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum