Fort Lauderdale, FL
|reply to mackey |
Re: [Home Network] Motorola NVG510 installed, Slingbox won't con
Thanks for the reply. I do not think it is possible to set it to automatic that way.
On the Slingbox setup page, I clicked Set Up Internet Viewing. It then attempts to configure and at the end says, "We could not automatically configure your router. We recommend you manual configure your router under Internet Viewing Advanced Settings." After clicking on Advanced Settings, it says:
"If your router isn't listed in our step-by-step guide, you'll need to set up Port Forwarding on your own. Please see your router owners manual if you don't know how to do this. Below are the Slingbox network settings to enter into your router. When you're done, click Test."
It then lists the settings for IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and port. Under these is an Edit button. When I click on Edit, I can change the numbers. However, if I type in Automatic or DHCP or any other letters, it says "Automatic is not a valid IP address."
Am I SOL, or is there anything else I can try?
1) Log into the NVG510 and go to the "Home Network" tab. Look for 2 lines that say "DHCPv4 Start Address" and "DHCPv4 End Address"
2) Pick a number just OUTSIDE that range. I.e. if "DHCPv4 Start Address" is 192.168.1.50 and "DHCPv4 End Address" is 192.168.1.100, pick a number either 2-49 or 101-253. For the rest of this example I'm going to assume you picked "2"
3) Set the IP on the Slingbox to the one you just picked; i.e. 192.168.1.2
4) Once the Slingbox reboots/accepts the change, reboot the NVG510.
5) As it boots up, the NVG510 should scan the entire network and the Slingbox should appear in the "Needed by Device" drop-down list.
If THAT doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas