WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to KeyLogger

Premium Member

to KeyLogger

Re: [OOL] how long can a customer suspend/hold services for Vaca

Since you are OOL only, just cancel it if you are leaving for an extended period of time.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by WK2:

Since you are OOL only, just cancel it if you are leaving for an extended period of time.

Oh, I didn't read, do what he said.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by frdrizzt:

said by WK2:

Just remember to return the modem. If you do cancel (as opposed to suspend) there is the issue of what happens to your Email Address and Email as well as how easy it is to reactivate and resume your account. Do you just drop into a Store Front to pick up your replacement modem and then go home to connect it to the coax (or is a truck roll needed to reactivate your service)?
KeyLogger
join:2007-08-08

1 edit

KeyLogger

few years ago they told me a truck roll is needed when i asked if i can get modem from ool store and install myself, and even i said more than once, the cable came from outsite to my home was perfect. still told me a technician is a must, and that's the only way for new customer.

~~~~~~~~~~
i think they will delete your account quite fast after cancel, not sure if you can resume an account if deleted for too long. and no discount to resume?

i been cancelled and resume once (decided not moving, but forgot to call them to resume, untill can't go online, then call to resume, told me if i do this again, will charge $X (forgot how much).
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

Correct. They will require a truck roll to install service again even if reusing existing wiring. I tried avoiding this myself recently. They really want to collect their $30 install fee.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to RARPSL

Premium Member

to RARPSL
said by RARPSL:

said by frdrizzt:

said by WK2:

Just remember to return the modem. If you do cancel (as opposed to suspend) there is the issue of what happens to your Email Address and Email as well as how easy it is to reactivate and resume your account. Do you just drop into a Store Front to pick up your replacement modem and then go home to connect it to the coax (or is a truck roll needed to reactivate your service)?

What happens if you forget to return it and they send you the bill? If you still have the modem will they drop the fee? ($300 I think?)