Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2
reply to vue666

Re: Replaced the Impala

said by vue666:

I believe the 2008 Impala SS with the 3.8 produces something like 240hp... I guess Buicks are for old men... LOL

The 2013 Impala uses the 300 hp 3.6L V6 from the Camaro.

The totally redesigned 2014 version will use same engine with 3 more HP and a 6.8 second 0-60 time.

Who needs a V8?

»www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/ch···t-Impala
--
Logic requires one to deal with decisions that one's ego will not permit.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by digitalfutur:

Yup, a St. Catharines-built engine no less.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
said by Gone:

said by digitalfutur:

Yup, a St. Catharines-built engine no less.

they also build it in Flint, so it is possible that engine production would be shifted there...not a biggie, since that is kind of GM's new "staple V6", so it will be used in a TON of product.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Engine production isn't moving. The engines that are made at the St. Catharines plant go to assembly lines across all of North America, including the Malibu and a few others. St. Catharines also makes the high-end V8s.

GM also recently invested a ton of money into that plant to move the transmission line from Windsor to there,.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to digitalfutur
said by digitalfutur:

said by vue666:

I believe the 2008 Impala SS with the 3.8 produces something like 240hp... I guess Buicks are for old men... LOL

The totally redesigned 2014 version will use same engine with 3 more HP and a 6.8 second 0-60 time.

Who needs a V8?

»www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/ch···t-Impala

The 3.6 litre V6 makes almost as much horsepower as the 396 Chevy offered in the 69 Camaro...
Interesting...they are offering an Ecotec 2.4L which will be the first ever 4 cylinder Impala since it's inception in 1958...

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

Engine production isn't moving.

i know engine production isn't moving...i just said that the engine is also built in Lansing, so it is possible that the engines used in the Camaro will use the Lansing built engine, since they are geographically quite close (and may do it for other reasons).

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Yes, that is quite possible, but like I said they already use these engines at other US-based plants. I don't know the output of either plant, but it may not be so cut and dry to assume that it'll move to Lansing.

The CAW are crying about how they'll now move engine production to Tonawanda. Maybe they will, but it won't be in the near-term, and New York is still more toxic to this kind of stuff than even McGuinty's Ontario is.