how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO
reply to lutful

Re: PSU's and DC-DC convters or Is There An EE In The House!?

said by lutful:

Otherwise get a multi-chemistry lithium battery charger which directly uses AC input and gives you high enough current output (that does not damage the pack). These are available for both RC hobbyists and electric bikes.

chargers with built in AC input or ones that come with small AC power supplies are FAR to small again the charger i have now is like that and only 150watts see other posts for the math on that
the power Powerlab6 is 1000watt and 8 is 1344watt
but they ether need to be run off a set of deep cycle Pb cell batteries or a 24v to 30v bench supply
so here is what im ending up with

»www.revolectrix.com/pl8_specs_tab.htm

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

said by elios:

power Powerlab6 is 1000watt and 8 is 1344watt
but they ether need to be run off a set of deep cycle Pb cell batteries or a 24v to 30v bench supply
so here is what im ending up with

»www.revolectrix.com/pl8_specs_tab.htm

None of the Revo products use heavy enough gauge wires or quality high current connectors.
Industrial grade supply would be one like this
»www.eltekvalere.com/wip4/powerpa···at=11355

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to elios

said by elios:

the power Powerlab6 is 1000watt and 8 is 1344watt

OK, I had a look at the Powerlab and it is supposed to charge multiple packs in parallel with taps coming from each pack using separate 9-pin connectors.

Instead of a 30V/50A bench supply, which will be really expensive, consider my original suggestion of an adjustable 24V AC-DC module from Vicor, TDK-Lambda, etc. Set the output to match maximum safe voltage rating of the Powerlab.