spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Tx

Re: Time to start shopping for a new isp.

said by Tx:

said by OHSrob:

I think the hysterical part is how out of touch with reality some of the people on this forum are.

Whose out of touch with reality by arguing the very scary nature of being on the hook with the smoking gun and being innocent?

You're the one out of touch with reality as you lack the understanding of just how easy i myself could make you liable for anything without you ever being home. Send me your address and i'll show you reality if you like.

Reality is, those that do not know better are the ones most at risk.

knowing all the lawyers about you just threaten someone ...awww not getting your way tisk tisk grow up and stop being 5. both of you.THIS is one reason i usually dont come here and many others dont either they get threats like this.I however wont be threatened into not posting.

funny0

reply to Who7

said by Who7:

Here is a bit of reality.

Thee is no chance in hell that Volatage is doing this by themselves. They will have some if not a pile of support form their movie trolls.

TSI is much more vulnerable financially then the big boys. If any of the big boys decided to fight them, they would not stand a chance. So they go after TSI and set precedence.

TSI by simply rolling over and not putting up any defense of privacy or issues of error or ANY barrier other then "we tried, our hands are tied".

Once precedence is set, the big boys will have an excuse to hand over too without looking like tools.

Given how easy the first volley TSI made it for the money trolls, EXPECT a nice new shiny and very lucrative business model.

If our expectations of privacy is thrown under the bus next month and I expect we will be, there is only ONE way to make TSI and the rest of the industry pay, MIGRATE to companies that keep the minimum records and time. I am currently a customer of TSI but soon will not be. I hope a lot of people will migrate to providers who take the privacy of their customers much more seriously.

good waste money
and time and effort thelonger you go more time it makes the current govt look bad
the next one will get rid of said abilites so enjoy at best a small lil dip in things and my word to everyone

DONT BUY A SINGLE CDR BLANK AGAIN
ya know the kind with a levy

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
reply to funny0

said by funny0:

said by Tx:

said by OHSrob:

I think the hysterical part is how out of touch with reality some of the people on this forum are.

Whose out of touch with reality by arguing the very scary nature of being on the hook with the smoking gun and being innocent?

You're the one out of touch with reality as you lack the understanding of just how easy i myself could make you liable for anything without you ever being home. Send me your address and i'll show you reality if you like.

Reality is, those that do not know better are the ones most at risk.

knowing all the lawyers about you just threaten someone ...awww not getting your way tisk tisk grow up and stop being 5. both of you.THIS is one reason i usually dont come here and many others dont either they get threats like this.I however wont be threatened into not posting.

Wasn't a threat, it was a statement to demonstrate the seriousness of how easy something like that can be. You're one to speak Chronos or whatever your original name was. Telling others to grow up.

Oh the irony...

Matt9k

join:2011-09-24
reply to Who7

The "big boys" don't fight.

Remember they're also content providers, if the allow torrenting of the content, do you think they'll they get an extra nice deal for PPV streaming?

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to ptrowski

said by ptrowski:

How many people in this thread have received letters?

I wholesale DSL with TSI, one of my customers did.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

Who7

join:2012-12-18

said by Inssomniak:

said by ptrowski:

How many people in this thread have received letters?

I wholesale DSL with TSI, one of my customers did.

Time for you to act on behalf of your customers.

TraderOne

@teksavvy.com
reply to swampboy

Please post the info if some one can find an ISP who has short log retention. I am considering leaving Teksavvy after three years as its loyal customer. I do not want to gamble when Teksavvy will sell me out in future.

praytorian00

join:2005-05-24
canada
reply to swampboy

Just a question that's a little off topic:
I have DSL with one company but I am logged in with a different company (username) to have the unlimited bandwidth. How would they go about going after you? If they were to go after the one providing the login, you can argue that you're not even on their network. On the other hand if they go after the one providing the network you can say that you're not using that account to login. Just a thought.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10

Real short conversation.

You: "Just a thought."
Troll: "Pay up or else."

Mike

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to swampboy

I am really not into this but if it was me who's data which you would think would be private to the eyes which you are not aware of seeing I would be kinda worried and mad especially if nothing is being done by the person in this case Teksavvy.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to praytorian00

said by praytorian00:

Just a question that's a little off topic:
I have DSL with one company but I am logged in with a different company (username) to have the unlimited bandwidth. How would they go about going after you? If they were to go after the one providing the login, you can argue that you're not even on their network. On the other hand if they go after the one providing the network you can say that you're not using that account to login. Just a thought.

With the way DSL works with Bell you are on the network of whomever you have the PPPoE session established with. Your DSL connection is provisioned with Bell. It's a logical connection not a wire connecting directly to the ISPs network.

kcorscadden

join:2007-04-04
Kingston, ON

I understand the concerns from everyone and I too am concerned.

However, the ppl that are complaining are too a degree coming across as the guilty ones. Obviously they know that they have been doing some questionable stuff online, whether that be downloading moves/music/tv shows/etc. Now this apparent lawsuit and TSI's stance on IP logging has them all concerned and scared because the gravy boat may be coming to an end.

Bottom line is this, if you don't do anything wrong on the internet, then you have nothing to fear. If you simply browse the internet or check email, then there is nothing to worry about.

Now if you are downloading stuff that you shouldn't be downloading, then guess what, you need to be a tad more careful. Either acquire a VPN to at least make it harder to track, or get a Usenet account and make sure that SSL encryption is enabled. Once you do one or both of those things, the odds of you getting a letter in the mail is slim to none.

For those that want TSI to stand up for the customer, why should they do that if you are doing something illegal to begin with? If TSI said "no" to the courts, how would that reflect on them? The courts would get pissed off, and cause a crap storm for TSI and for what.... to protect the consumer that's conducting questionable or illegal stuff off the net?

Give your heads a shake guys

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by kcorscadden:

Bottom line is this, if you don't do anything wrong on the internet, then you have nothing to fear. If you simply browse the internet or check email, then there is nothing to worry about.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

And if you're so absolutely sure you're right - try telling that to the customer who was identified, despite not being a Teksavvy customer at the time of the alleged infringement.

funny0

reply to Tx

said by Tx:

Doesn't get easier then this. »pastebin.com/

and when i do that what is then your brain gonna say ....its actually common knowledge as well that the early @ home DCHP servers were inside the usa ....whom do you think was doing it a hired hand in california? haha and no not doing it...you don't believe that is your issue. Have you asked rogers about there early days?
What did they say get a direct full quote then we might talk more on this , cause i love it when a corporation gets caught lying and someone has proof.

funny0

reply to Tx

said by Tx:

Wasn't a threat, it was a statement to demonstrate the seriousness of how easy something like that can be. You're one to speak Chronos or whatever your original name was. Telling others to grow up.

Oh the irony...

ahhh see marc and dslreports this is the very 5 year old mentality i got upset with ( yes i actually got peeved and have mentioned this very behaviour )

OH and using one of the 96 nicknames i'm known by won't get you any further then you are right now to trying to out me ....like i said grow up sir your really looking for trouble and flaming me and others and trying to pick a fight with one guy whom knows his rights, this slight distraction won't help you....

That you made a threat is obvious your asking to get my address trying to out a name that is in fact only a nick name possibly mine maybe not....and then you threaten some action on me.

Prey do tell what action you'd take knowing my address( are you a voltage lawyer looking to try and silence me cause you know i'm saying good things?) and when the 350 pound guy answers the door don't try and be tough ok ....he's a real nice guy..honest.
You of course might have a chore finding me once in the building ya know that...i'm everywhere syndrome i have....need some meds for it ( drinks a whiskey and sits down )
ya see i have real friends not disney style imaginary ones.
I also know voltage has very little legs to stand on here.

get all 2300 a lawyer and have each read there charges agaisnt htem in court and also go judge and jury and also put forth a motion to drop the whole suit as they cant prove commerical aims via just an ip address...better pitter patter get at trying to do that...

ya lil johnny that lil pirate he musta madea a million NO a billion dollars off downloaiding that movie via that ip ...now if we could jsut prove it was lil johnny and that money was handed around...damn pirates ARGH oh well next fish expedition.

signed
I. P. Daily

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to funny0

said by funny0:

said by Tx:

Doesn't get easier then this. »pastebin.com/

and when i do that what is then your brain gonna say ....its actually common knowledge as well that the early @ home DCHP servers were inside the usa ....whom do you think was doing it a hired hand in california? haha and no not doing it...you don't believe that is your issue. Have you asked rogers about there early days?
What did they say get a direct full quote then we might talk more on this , cause i love it when a corporation gets caught lying and someone has proof.

Uhm, dude... you're the one that said you would do it... I gave you a secure method of posting it... password it if you like. Don't just be all talk. If you say you have something and ask if someone wants proof of it, then when they say sure don't then say no.

You're absolutely confusing.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to funny0

said by funny0:

said by Tx:

Oh the irony...

ahhh see marc and dslreports this is the very 5 year old mentality i got upset with ( yes i actually got peeved and have mentioned this very behaviour )

OH and using one of the 96 nicknames i'm known by won't get you any further then you are right now to trying to out me ....like i said grow up sir your really looking for trouble and flaming me and others and trying to pick a fight with one guy whom knows his rights, this slight distraction won't help you....

That you made a threat is obvious your asking to get my address trying to out a name that is in fact only a nick name possibly mine maybe not....and then you threaten some action on me.

Prey do tell what action you'd take knowing my address( are you a voltage lawyer looking to try and silence me cause you know i'm saying good things?) and when the 350 pound guy answers the door don't try and be tough ok ....he's a real nice guy..honest.
You of course might have a chore finding me once in the building ya know that...i'm everywhere syndrome i have....need some meds for it ( drinks a whiskey and sits down )
ya see i have real friends not disney style imaginary ones.
I also know voltage has very little legs to stand on here.

get all 2300 a lawyer and have each read there charges agaisnt htem in court and also go judge and jury and also put forth a motion to drop the whole suit as they cant prove commerical aims via just an ip address...better pitter patter get at trying to do that...

ya lil johnny that lil pirate he musta madea a million NO a billion dollars off downloaiding that movie via that ip ...now if we could jsut prove it was lil johnny and that money was handed around...damn pirates ARGH oh well next fish expedition.

signed
I. P. Daily

Wow.... i don't know what else to say... wow is all that i can think of...

Are you on speed or something?