spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Muncher

join:2008-04-15

Air intake location on my dryer

I have an LG DLE8377NM dryer. It works great, but for one little problem. We also have a 120 lbs Shepperd - Rottie mix, great dog except for one little problem. He sheds and his fur finds its' way into every nook and cranny. We clean the lint trap after each use, but the clothes still come out with heaps of fur attached. We make sure that no fur is on them before putting them in the dryer. I clean the lint an exhaust vent regularly. So it must be the intake vent. How to access the vent, ie: where is it, is it in the back or front? I read the supplied manual and LG webpage for info. No luck. Any suggestions where to find this information? Thank you

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

I don't know that it has an actual intake "vent". Any dryer I have had just drew air in from within the unit itself, which is open to room air in many places. My Whirlpool gas dryer is this way as well. The burner unit is in the lower-right area of the enclosure, and pulls room air through it which is then blown by fan into the drum.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to Muncher

I have the same dryer. I just replaced the motor on it. You will too, at some point. The centrifugal switch is prone to failure. Supposedly, the revised motor design (which I installed) remedies the issue.

Anyhow, this page shows how to replace the motor as well as the locations of everything. It's for a different model, but everything is similar enough:

»forum.appliancepartspros.com/dry···ure.html
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to Muncher

Agree with mattmag See Profile we have an electric Bosch dryer and before that a Maytag. They both have vents in the back so most of the air was drawn in through there but the cabinet is not sealed so air was drawn in other places.

/tom

Muncher

join:2008-04-15
reply to mattmag

Thank you all. This was quick and very helpful. With the picture blog link from John97, will make cleaning the unit that much easier.

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
kudos:1

Regardless of the dryer fur intake problem, you didn't include pictures of your pooches