uniqs
share rss forum feed

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to kilrathi

Re: NYC - Rockaway Park - upstream speed nearly dead

Next day(saturday) at around noon packet loss stopped and upstream came back all to normal, T3 timeout errors stopped.

At around same time client relations called me that they managed to get me an appointment sunday 8am, at the time I accepted it, however since noon saturday and so far until 4 am sunday everything is fine as it was before friday 6 pm, so it seems whatever that was going on was resolved(hopefully for good).

I did notice under rr mainteance page this on saturday though:

Red 12/22/2012 11:50:29 AM THE 9000-9200 BLOCKS OF HOLLAND AVE THE 8600-8800 AND 9000-9200 BLOCKS OF ROCKAWAY BEACH BLVD THE 100-200 BLOCKS OF BEACH 91ST ST

For partial service outtages. Kinda interesting that at around same time that was added the problem went away, maybe whatever was causing the issue for me was temporarly cut off so they can fix it... just guessing, further that area is about 12 blocks from me which is not far.

I am rescheduling the appointment however as there will be no point to get the technician here today since right now there are no problems, I will reschedule till next week thrs and hopefully will be able to cancel if the problem never returns.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

I have read your past post and you have been posting the same on my post. I too have been going through T3 timeout slow upload hell since August 26th. I too have days when my upload goes to hell yet then I have weeks when it is fine. I called Level 3 support so many times. I had my modem swapped six times then I bought my own. Had a new cable drop run though to the backyard which then it was fine for about two weeks.

What really ticks me off is that Level 3 called me on December 4th saying the problem was fixed. I though great I will have no problems anymore as it was fine before for a couple of weeks. Then on December 12th my upload speed goes to crap and I get the modem lights show I am connected yet I can't ping or load crap. They put a monitor on my modem and then the next day it goes out the same day. Then it is fine for a few days and then starts again with the upload slowing down and going dead right when watching Netflix at around 10:30 pm.

Then I have a worthless tech come which did crap. All he wanted to do was swap my purchased modem. All the logs I gave Level 3 support he did not even want to look at it and he disconnected my cable hooked it up to his meter and he said my signal was fine. Of course at 10:00 am it is fine and then leaves without doing any work. This crap starts around 7 pm but not everyday though.

Then this week Sunday at 12:30 am the upload slows down. It has been fine so far now however I even when I have full download speed Netflix does not stream good anymore sometimes dropping down to crappy picture quality.

If FiOS was available in my area I would have already switched over but TWC holds my area hostage because they are the only high speed provider besides DSL which is worse.