Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tomel

join:2007-11-07
Midlothian, VA
reply to Nicko1us

Re: Evening FIOS Slowdown!

Internet speed back up to normal this morning. Obviously was a problem on Verizion's side.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to Nicko1us

My internet seems to be ok as of today and it's after 7PM the tech in Verizon Direct has also made a ticket to verizon maybe that helped, I don't know yet, will report soon.

9:47 PM
back to square 1...

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Nicko1us

Whoever is in New York , try this speedtest site when your speeds go down I was suprised that many speedtest servers wont handle my upload for example but, SuddenLink speedtest handles everything perfectly!.

»spdtst-dlls.tx.centurylink.net/

Stuey27

@verizon.net

Hey guys,

I pay for the 150/65 Fios Internet Package. I live in Nassau County, Long Island and I normally get 18 mbps download speed but now it's showing 10 mbps max but it seems alot slower. I notice this issue about a day or two ago.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by Stuey27 :

I normally get 18 mbps download speed

Wired or wireless?

18Mbps sounds like wireless. If that's the case, there are a lot of factors that could be decreasing your wireless download speed.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA

He could also mean 18MB/sec which would be about spot-on for 150Mbit service. Jus' sayin'.

Stuey27

@verizon.net
reply to More Fiber

Wired. I mean (MB/S), I used to always get max speed.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Stuey27 :

Wired. I mean (MB/S), I used to always get max speed.

What you get to this server to New York ?

»spdtst-dlls.tx.centurylink.net/

Stuey27

@verizon.net

Update: It seems back to normal now.

RolteC
0h

join:2001-05-20
Fresh Meadows, NY

Yes it does. According to my charts, as of 11:30pm; spiked up a bit and its back to "normal" again now. Testing at 154 down which is "normal".

These problems also start almost instantly once they do and just stay that way for hours. Bandwidth hungry people must all come out at night.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Nicko1us

I was asking for results from the century link site because I realized that this site always gave me full speeds today WHOLE day while speedtest.net, or other did not , however there is still issue inside verizons network where in many cases, I get 11.00 MB/s during the day and then around 8 PM, I don't even tho some sites are able to achieve the download speed.