uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tyreman

join:2002-10-08
Canada
reply to camelot

Re: [Contest] 12 Days of Giveaways Winners File

said by camelot:

These contests are a terrible idea. Actually, the contest prizes are awesome. The fact they choose to use Facebook is crap.

Always rife with fake profiles. What's worse, you don't even need to be a TSI customer. What's the point, then TSI? Why not draw people in to win the prizes?

+1
--
Southern Ontario,Canada

misternox

join:2009-12-17
canada
reply to chrisl83
said by chrisl83:

As for the Quebec thing, blame Quebec not Teksavvy.

Quebec law requires contests to follow some rules, which is perfectly understandable. You can read them here: »www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.q···R6_A.htm

They're not very difficult to follow, so maybe blaming TSI is right afterall.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to TwiztedZero
Day 5 Winner
Posted at the top of the thread.

Cheers.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
Day 6 Winner
Posted at the top of this thread.

Cheers.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Said by: Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
We have our Day 7 winner! Joshua Zuriel is the winner of the Google TV! Joshua, look for an email with details on how to win your prize!

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

We are playing a little bit of catch up announcing our winners so here it goes! Congratulations to the following winners!

Day 8 - Piero Giorno won the Sony Home Theater package!
Day 9 - Stefanie Smith won the Sony A37 Sony DSLR camera
Day 10 - Jason Christensen won the Internet player with Google TV!

We’ll be in touch by email so you can claim your prizes!

--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to TwiztedZero
And now, we await the final VERDICT

I just hope at least ONE of the TWELVE winners was an actual TekSavvy Customer.

GOOD LUCK!
And if you win, let us know here in the winners file thread.

Meanwhiles: Heres hoping beyond hope that I might be the one. (crosses fingers)
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Congratulations to our Day 11 winner of the 46” Sony Bravia, AnnMarie Marchand. We’ll be in touch via email.

ONE LEFT FOLKS THE FINAL DAY 12 FOR THE 55" Sony BRAVIA LED HX750 INTERNET HDTV
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to evil_gusgus
said by evil_gusgus:

Yay, giving away awesome prizes to sketchy Facebook accounts! My favorite!

lololol now i'm amused
this in and of itself is a prize worth this thread

funny0

reply to donkey
hahaha i hear day 7 was won by a grey alien

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
said by funny0:

Day 7 Winner is a University of Toronto student it appears, from Hamilton.

So, how do you get "Grey Alien" from that?

funny0

said by TwiztedZero:

said by funny0:

Day 7 Winner is a University of Toronto student it appears, from Hamilton.

So, how do you get "Grey Alien" from that?

and when you tell a joke in life you can immediately tell whom takes life far too seriously
hehe
was a joke dude based on page ones comments if ya go through the whole thread then ya find out ya they all done or whatever

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
So far the Day 10 winner of the Google TV, has confirmed he's a Teksavvy customer. So thats ONE!

funny0

said by TwiztedZero:

So far the Day 10 winner of the Google TV, has confirmed he's a Teksavvy customer. So thats ONE!

so all of the teksavvy people and we now know of ONE that uses facebook....should tell you something....

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
I hope the Likes they got were worth annoying the crap out of some actual Teksavvy customers, lol.

It seems silly that a fairly small company like Teksavvy tries to act like a corporation that would use Facebook for viral marketing.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
...Calling to cancel...

Why are you cancelling the service?

...Prizes given to non-customers....I basically paid for a portion of those prizes, so I just gave money away to someone who will never be a TSI customer just because they like Facebook and all of the ill wills that come from it.

I am seriously contemplating this as my reason for cancelling, enough is enough. You know, go to bat and have great service, I appreciate that, but then to give money away to people with absolutely zero ROI?...Bad move TSI, bad move.

I'd like to see how they fill that out in their cancellation tracker....and its not like I don't have 2 accounts, they know this...I had a choice, and when I signed up with my second account, I chose TSI, I could have chosen eBox, or Acanac or even went with Bell themselves...but I chose to stick with TSI...and this in turn is how they repay me....

I guess DSLR doesn't get as much press as say Facebook...maybe I should update my status with this and see what happens...nothing, because nobody actually looks at facebook, just pie in the sky Ivory Tower types who say "woooooo, 50,000 likes, we rock!...we're going to have 50k subscribers come tommorrow!".... Facebook like does not = RGU....just saying...regardless of whatever your marketing guru's have decided....from the optics, if you like numbers, just manipulate them however you want....but me, I'm truly this close to voting with my wallet. Take my $122/month and go elsewhere...

Also TSI peeps, I didn't want to bring it up because it was the holidays, but this post and all of this reminded me, and since I'm working today, as far as I'm concerned the holidays are over, but I posted in the Direct forum about a question....placed my telephone number that I wanted the request done on, provided that username and password that I use in the posting and then was informed....you have 2 addresses, which one do you want info on? It should be obvious that I want the information on the phone number I provided in the request....given I gave the correct username and password and PHONE NUMBER for that address....and not the other address.

Time to see what my options are, downtime be damned....I might make a call and see if Eastlink is as incompetent....if they are, then I have no hope...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

2 edits
reply to TwiztedZero
Day 12 WINNER FINALIST!

And our final winner for the 12 days of Giveaways! A big congratulations to our winner of the 55” Sony Bravia, Mike Gismondi. We’ll be in touch via email.

Contrats Mr. Gismondi !

. . . And thats all she wrote.

/me goes to cry in a cup of Timmy's double-double.

Anyhoo... Prizes were GREAT and I had fun anticipating a possible win even though the chances were really slim, seeing as it was all on facebook and encapsulated a much larger audience than just us Teksavvy subscribers.

I'm hopeful in March if TSI does the Pot of Gold sweepstakes again that they'll figure out a way to make it more inclusive to TekSavvy Customers instead of the larger outside world.

It'd also be kick ass if this time the 'grand prize' was a complete desk+luxury chair+pc/laptop+pair of monitors+42"HDTV prize package. A real complete HTPC would be GREAT!

At the very least I want another chance at a HDTV any size really 32" and up.

Bottom line. Attention to those at the TekSavvy Marketing Dept. You might be heeding posts in this thread vs posts in last years contest(s) and note the huge differences between the two for consideration in your next contest-sweepstakes project. Last years response on DSLr were somewhat more positive and enthusiastic versus this years posts. Learn something from it.

Cheers.
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

...Calling to cancel...

Why are you cancelling the service?

...Prizes given to non-customers....I basically paid for a portion of those prizes, so I just gave money away to someone who will never be a TSI customer just because they like Facebook and all of the ill wills that come from it.

I am seriously contemplating this as my reason for cancelling, enough is enough. You know, go to bat and have great service, I appreciate that, but then to give money away to people with absolutely zero ROI?...Bad move TSI, bad move.

I'd like to see how they fill that out in their cancellation tracker....and its not like I don't have 2 accounts, they know this...I had a choice, and when I signed up with my second account, I chose TSI, I could have chosen eBox, or Acanac or even went with Bell themselves...but I chose to stick with TSI...and this in turn is how they repay me....

I guess DSLR doesn't get as much press as say Facebook...maybe I should update my status with this and see what happens...nothing, because nobody actually looks at facebook, just pie in the sky Ivory Tower types who say "woooooo, 50,000 likes, we rock!...we're going to have 50k subscribers come tommorrow!".... Facebook like does not = RGU....just saying...regardless of whatever your marketing guru's have decided....from the optics, if you like numbers, just manipulate them however you want....but me, I'm truly this close to voting with my wallet. Take my $122/month and go elsewhere...

Also TSI peeps, I didn't want to bring it up because it was the holidays, but this post and all of this reminded me, and since I'm working today, as far as I'm concerned the holidays are over, but I posted in the Direct forum about a question....placed my telephone number that I wanted the request done on, provided that username and password that I use in the posting and then was informed....you have 2 addresses, which one do you want info on? It should be obvious that I want the information on the phone number I provided in the request....given I gave the correct username and password and PHONE NUMBER for that address....and not the other address.

Time to see what my options are, downtime be damned....I might make a call and see if Eastlink is as incompetent....if they are, then I have no hope...

That's because facebook won't get the "bad PR" that DSLR will and is showing on TSI as of late. All they need is the "thumbs up/Like" to show how fantastic they are :/

A lot of stupid decisions as of late and having an open draw to non customers who could care less about cancelling Rogers and moving over just won free stuff just to "act" like the "like" Teksavvy.

It's very, very, very odd.

Dare i say, Teksavvy is slowly slipping away and i feel like i'm seeing familiar traits from you know who. It doesn't become a lottery if you do it with existing customers who have been a customer at least x amount of days, this way "no purchase necessary"

Not to mention last year and the year before was customer appreciation stuff. Just think, that TV no matter if it was from a sponsor still came from many of your $1-$2 increases in one way shape or form.

Money helped TSI grow, Growth got TSI a sponsor if that's truly how they did the give away.

Any who, leaves a bad taste in the mouth and at least the new year a fresh perspective is given on a once glorious ISP

kyrio
LURK MORE

join:2010-03-24
East York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Mike Gismondi - Favorites: Every contest giving company that exists (including Rogers) - 770 bullshit companies that he "likes"

Why would Mike Gismondi love so many womens clothing stores? Is he cross dressing in Malaysia by way of Tourism Malaysia Canada, or is it just the big "Giveaways every month" button that has him liking them so much? Maybe he really does like looking pretty by getting things from LittleGlamour by Elizabeth Fowler from their giveaways at Mommy Gearest.

It's extremely obvious that this giveaway was posted to RFD (RedFlagDeals) and sites just like it.

This is why you don't do giveaways on the 'net without forcing the customer to buy before they win. Pepsi and Coke don't just give away money, they make you buy some drinks so you can enter your codes and then maybe you'll win something. Want to know why companies still use snail mail when they want to do some real advertising? They do it because it actually gets customers, not random idiots who will enter any contest, even if they aren't "allowed" to enter it because they aren't in the country listed in the prize rules.

Did your full retard marketing team even bother to check if the entries were allowed to receive the prizes before picking them? It's a pretty common sense kind of thing that you open the ballot box and remove the "illegal" entries before drawing.
--
technology, information and media

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by kyrio:

It's extremely obvious that this giveaway was posted to RFD (RedFlagDeals) and sites just like it.

»forums.redflagdeals.com/2013-01-···1275040/

With 1277 views, so yeah only a few extra entries from there I'm sure!

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada
reply to kyrio
said by kyrio:

This is why you don't do giveaways on the 'net without forcing the customer to buy before they win. Pepsi and Coke don't just give away money, they make you buy some drinks so you can enter your codes and then maybe you'll win something. Want to know why companies still use snail mail when they want to do some real advertising? They do it because it actually gets customers, not random idiots who will enter any contest, even if they aren't "allowed" to enter it because they aren't in the country listed in the prize rules.

Whch is why most of the contests and sweepstakes have problems here in quebec. By law there mus be no purchase necessary. So there has to be an alternate method of participating if codes are given out, for example.

Also, reason why TSI excluded Quebec. Our laws on how to do contests fairly are too strict.
--
Cheers!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

Well, facebook is where the sheep reside... so no wonder they want to tap into that market... sure DSLR is not like facebook, but without DSLR TSI wouldn't have grown like they did after 2008+.

Speaking of cancelling, i also have $122/month, VDSL + Cable. I got rid of Cable today, have to trim costs, plus I dont like the future for rCable, it would have just gotten more expensive with future switch to aggregated and capacity costs not going down. Few other reasons but i'll keep to myself. I'm keeping VDSL for now.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Ree
said by Ree:

said by kyrio:

»forums.redflagdeals.com/2013-01-···1275040/

With 1277 views, so yeah only a few extra entries from there I'm sure!

And there it is... The irony in all of this is everyone who loved and defended TSI over the years may start to see a change they too were not expecting with them.

To me, it's not about greed. I care less if i won, it would have been cool but i'm good with that, but i've contributed to TSI since i believe 2004 and i've seen a lot of changes that place them right behind the lot of the ISP's.

As everyone who argued for TSI tooth and nail, will quickly see that TSI doesn't pay it forward as the growth continues. Everyone did their part as sheep to help TSI grow. Now get ready to see a sayonara as the years pass.

I don't fault them for tapping in to facebook, but for a give away like this as they've done in the past for "customer appreciation" this is disgusting. At least make them become customers first. Don't have to purchase to enter the draw, but the draw is open to customers only. That's how it should have been.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
This has never been about customer appreciation. It was a contest created to get publicity. And considering the amount of non customer entries and views, it ended up being a good investment.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
said by ekster:

This has never been about customer appreciation. It was a contest created to get publicity. And considering the amount of non customer entries and views, it ended up being a good investment.

Could you name me one company including Rogers who just "give" things away to anyone? Try and keep that question related to the industry.

Rogers for example tends to give things away but on signups. I've never seen a random give away to anyone. They complain how the profit margins are so low, so signing up 1% of the customers who signed up would take 5+ years to see an ROI.

At least bringing customers in is one thing, but giving it away to contest trolls who quite literally setup fake accounts and troll around to every contest known to man. It's a slap in the face to very loyal TSI customers.

Point is, each year it's been customer appreciation. This year, a change away from appreciating the customers. This is what made TSI different.

If it was a matter of investment, wouldn't the better investment be to waive setup/activation fee's for x # of customers?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
You guys are unbelievable. It's a damned giveaway. Enter it or don't. Get over yourself.

Seems these days that trying or doing anything that's not 100% perfect and executed exactly according to a few loud ppl on here is completely bad. As if there's no good in it at all.

I think there's a real need for level headed people to speak up and not be afraid. I hate this all or nothing mentality.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by TSI Marc:

You guys are unbelievable. It's a damned giveaway. Enter it or don't. Get over yourself.

Seems these days that trying or doing anything that's not 100% perfect and executed exactly according to a few loud ppl on here is completely bad. As if there's no good in it at all.

I think there's a real need for level headed people to speak up and not be afraid. I hate this all or nothing mentality.

"Get over yourself" ? Really?

It's not your customers that have changed. We are all the same customers you've had. It's TSI that's changed. Not us.

Few people are upset about it and you tell people to get over themselves? So should everyone next time have the same mentality when your next excuse for problems are growing pains?

It's a give and take Marc. It's about loyalty, it's what grew Teksavvy to it's stardom here. Your customers have shown loyalty to you. That's all i have to say about your very ignorant response.

apvm

join:2003-02-14
London, ON
kudos:1
said by Tx:

said by TSI Marc:

"Get over yourself" ? Really?

It's not your customers that have changed. We are all the same customers you've had. It's TSI that's changed. Not us.

Few people are upset about it and you tell people to get over themselves? So should everyone next time have the same mentality when your next excuse for problems are growing pains?

It's a give and take Marc. It's about loyalty, it's what grew Teksavvy to it's stardom here. Your customers have shown loyalty to you. That's all i have to say about your very ignorant response.

+1 +1 and +1

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Tx
I can't tell you about Internet company giveaways because I never pay attention to Internet providers... but companies in general have giveaway contests that don't require you to be their customer or to purchase anything all the time.

It's part of the advertising budget and it does a good job at giving some exposure time for very little. They spend $300-$600 for a PS3 or TV and get tens of thousands of views by non customers who have to actively look at the company and actively advertise it to others, or they spend tens of thousands of dollars on a billboard that people might, or might not, notice as they drive/walk by.

I agree that it would be nice to see some specific custom only appreciation giveaways... but this contest was in no way bad from a business perspective.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

1 recommendation

reply to Tx
No Tx, *you* are making it about loyalty. We just tried doing what we thought was a good thing. We were pretty excited as we had never given away this kind of stuff before.

And as far as giving back. I think you're just simply uninformed. We do a ton. Just ask anybody in Chatham.

Our heart is very much in the right place. You seem to want everything perfect right now. No exceptions.

If you feel that we should do a specific customer appreciation thing.. Then just say that. Why label us with stupid comments like we don't give back? That just isn't true. You've seen us doing everything we can to try to treat people right. We're not perfect, we may not always agree but geez dude, we're sure as hell trying.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy