uniqs

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Mike2009 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: [Contest] 12 Days of Giveaways Winners File

Keep doing what you do Marc and ignore these types of comments. You have my support.

Gwai Lo Dan
join:2007-01-24
Mississauga, ON

Gwai Lo Dan to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
The "problem" with Teksavvy is that the company has tended to be so open with its business decisions that customers feel that they have a right to tell the business how to operate!

"You shouldn't be given away prizes to non-customers". It's your business - give prizes to whoever you friggin' want! IT'S YOUR BUSINESS!

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

No Tx, *you* are making it about loyalty. We just tried doing what we thought was a good thing. We were pretty excited as we had never given away this kind of stuff before.

And as far as giving back. I think you're just simply uninformed. We do a ton. Just ask anybody in Chatham.

Our heart is very much in the right place. You seem to want everything perfect right now. No exceptions.

If you feel that we should do a specific customer appreciation thing.. Then just say that. Why label us with stupid comments like we don't give back? That just isn't true. You've seen us doing everything we can to try to treat people right. We're not perfect, we may not always agree but geez dude, we're sure as hell trying.

No, actually... It's not just me making it about loyalty. That is the name of the game. Showing loyalty both ways. You've had tons over the years of loyal customers that will stop at nothing but defend your honor.

You accepted poor advice about your marketing campaign. You're the boss so it's your choice, but at the end of the day you were doing an awesome thing, but opening this giveaway to anybody, customer or not was a mistake.

For example that 55" TV. Let's say he's a Rogers customer, he stays a rogers customer. Whoops.

You'll never see Rogers giving away premium 'gifts' like you did for just liking them. You gave product away to raise your facebook image, not to do something nice. What is there nice about giving those products away to contest trolls from China?

It's not about doing a specific customer appreciation thing... It's about what you've done in the past showing your thanks to those who helped raise TSI above all else. This is showing your thanks to all your customers patience during these growing pains, call times.

So dude, telling me or anyone else to 'get over themselves' is the wrong approach if you feel this thread or I or anyone upset you. You get cocky or ignorant, you'll have 1 of 2 outcomes.

1. customers leave, including myself
2. or, you become just like the rest.

I feel i should stress that i don't care to win. I didn't even enter it as i don't care for "liking" anything or anyone on facebook. It's simply a surprise to see 1 year from customer appreciation to copping out and changing customer appreciation in to an advertising marketing campaign.

I believe as much as i hate fanbois, some of your more loyal customers deserved some of these giveaways for their loyalty, referrals etc. Far more deserving people. Leaving a giveaway like this as open as it was, leaves the world to profiting from it without a care in the world about your success.
Tx

Tx to Gwai Lo Dan

Premium Member

to Gwai Lo Dan
said by Gwai Lo Dan:

The "problem" with Teksavvy is that the company has tended to be so open with its business decisions that customers feel that they have a right to tell the business how to operate!

"You shouldn't be given away prizes to non-customers". It's your business - give prizes to whoever you friggin' want! IT'S YOUR BUSINESS!

TSI created the image, it's what brought "these type of customers"... now you don't like it?

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
I think what bothered some people on here is that some of the prizes were given out to facebook accounts that were a bit sketchy. They looked like they were made for the purpose of only entering giveaway. It doesn't bother me that non TSI customers won, it's prizes were given to questionable accounts.
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx

Re: [Contest] 12 Days of Giveaways Winners File

Tx, my issue is that you're drowning people out. Nobody else can say anything without you coming down hard on them. To me, the dialogue *is* the important part. Just like giving notice. It brings all sorts of things to the table.

In this place. I have no more control than you do. I'm just another person, same as you. The words are the thing that makes this place. That's why I love this place. We all have the opportunity to explain ourselves, get to know one another and have a better view of what's under the hood.

I've taken full control of TekSavvy for a total of three months now. I've hired nearly a hundred people in that period of time. The place I'm choosing to give back first and foremost is with the service we provide. I'm working my tail off to iron out all the kinks. This is how I want to reward people for their loyalty and the trust that's been placed in us. I care very much and it's tremendously frustrating for me to sit by and read some of these threads. We've got a huge mountain of work ahead of us and not everything going on is fully flushed out but we're trying things and as we get feedback we tweak.

If you prefer I blow smoke and feed you with lines I'm sorry that's just not me. I tell it how I see it and sometimes it's not the most flattering thing for me and sometimes it is.

Those are not the only choices one has when reading my posts or any posts.

This is what I'm saying.. You keep painting everything into two categories. I'm not like that. I see all kinds of categories. I feel as though you're painting me into a corner and I'm saying to you that I disagree. I don't see it that way. You've been using very harsh words these past weeks. I would assume that if you can dish it, you can also take it. I'm not the kind of guy who will sit there and let these things slide. Especially when you say things like "we don't give back". I was fine right up until that line. To me, that's very personal. You're saying that I don't care. That TekSavvy doesn't care. We do. We may not do everything you want or think is right but we do care. We really do.

Now. I do agree with some of what you're saying and if we can agree that we're both strongly worded people when it comes to their opinions and we can agree that some of this giveaway is actually awesome as you say it, certainly as I see it. I can also agree that some of it could be tweaked. I'm fine with that. I'm also liking the customer appreciation idea. All cool ideas. I would even say that you all could come up with the contest and we can try to do it. I'm good with that too.

Over all I just want these forums to be more positive. It's so depressing and it really doesn't need to be. Point out the good, point out the bad or medium or ugly. And let's discuss. And let's help each other. That's what I'm looking for. I like this place for a number of reasons and one is that there are some smart people on here and I very much value the opinions but I do have a problem when it gets out of hand. It seems that crazy shit just finds us despite all efforts to try to focus on the thing we actually are... Being an ISP...

I'm sorry if I came off so strong. I didn't mean to offend. I'm just tired of the negativity. I'm trying to do some good. So is our team. Lets try to keep that into focus please.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to evil_gusgus

Premium Member

to evil_gusgus
said by evil_gusgus:

I think what bothered some people on here is that some of the prizes were given out to facebook accounts that were a bit sketchy. They looked like they were made for the purpose of only entering giveaway. It doesn't bother me that non TSI customers won, it's prizes were given to questionable accounts.

Well i guess they'll find out how sketchy they were when they ask for shipping info... It's not like you have to enter truthful and accurate information on Facebook... But if they want to claim the prizes, they will have to provide the info.

If some of these winners provide an address out of the country, then I would sincerely hope that TSI refuse them, and do an internal lottery draw to its own existing customers.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Just FYI on the 12 days of giveaways, just got this info now.

- Of the 12, 4 of the winners have been confirmed to be TSI customers.
- All have valid Ontario drivers licenses and addresses
- This was a contest, not a loyalty program.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

That's good at least, that they're not some bogus out of the country ones as some have suggested.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Tx to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
If you consider me drowning people out because i voice my opinions, i won't apologize for that. I don't pretend to speak for even 1 person on here. I simply speak from my heart and when i smell bs i call it. I don't care to impress anyone on here. I voice my opinion based on experience in the industry and history tends to repeat itself. New ISP's or not.

iDirect back when i worked for them cared too. At first. Yes you're not them, but the changes over the years are quite similar.

If you could give a TV away for example to a single parent with kids then go for it. They are more deserving then any TSI customer as far as i'm concerned. Though i vocalized about it being very odd to do giveaways to just anyone, it is a big part to do that with what seems to be some fake accounts just to earn a 'like'.

I'm far more vocal and when something seems wrong or out of place i'll make my opinion known by posting on these public forums i've also contributed to with a donation. Problem for me is this.

You, i can tell don't mind the positive PR but don't get so pissy with me or anyone else because some BAD PR comes your way. This was a christmas giveaway. I'm happy with that, but how open it was, i'm a little surprised. I've never seen an ISP give away shit like that before. I can bet some of you over there hated seeing some of this stuff sitting in the office only to be given away. Some of your employees after some of the shit they deal with deserved some of that stuff though i don't know the laws involved to employees and public giveaways.

I respect that you don't go with the usual bs line "I'm sorry", because i hate that shit. Be real, don't fake it, but also don't over do it. I'm not the only one questioning this, i may be more vocal, but sure as heck not the only one.

@HiVolt - Canadian addresses are pretty easy to come by for mailing, just like for us in the USA. I have an american mailing address just across the border for when i order over there.

Edit: spelling.. fingers getting lost on the keys
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

1 recommendation

Bugblndr to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

You guys are unbelievable. It's a damned giveaway. Enter it or don't. Get over yourself.

Seems these days that trying or doing anything that's not 100% perfect and executed exactly according to a few loud ppl on here is completely bad. As if there's no good in it at all.

I think there's a real need for level headed people to speak up and not be afraid. I hate this all or nothing mentality.

I speak with my wallet and the wallets of the companies I make the IT decisions for. Keep up the good work Marc, TSI isn't perfect, but neither is anyone else on DSLR.

It seems that TSI can't even give away shit for free without a bunch of people getting their panties in a wad.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Bugblndr:

said by TSI Marc:

You guys are unbelievable. It's a damned giveaway. Enter it or don't. Get over yourself.

Seems these days that trying or doing anything that's not 100% perfect and executed exactly according to a few loud ppl on here is completely bad. As if there's no good in it at all.

I think there's a real need for level headed people to speak up and not be afraid. I hate this all or nothing mentality.

I speak with my wallet and the wallets of the companies I make the IT decisions for. Keep up the good work Marc, TSI isn't perfect, but neither is anyone else on DSLR.

It seems that TSI can't even give away shit for free without a bunch of people getting their panties in a wad.

Getting your panties in a wad over others getting theirs? hmm

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
Dude. These forums are way way negative. Anybody reading them can see that easily. I don't think it represents reality and I keep working on the areas where I agree we could do better. When I see a thread complaining about us giving stuff away.. It really highlights for me just how outside of reality this place can be at times.

As for changes or stuff like that. Yeah, I'm my own guy. You need to listen to what I'm saying and get to know me. It seems you are trying to reference others things and because you see something that at a glance appears similar to something else you've seen, that it must surely be the same. I'm a pretty unique guy. Don't assume anything with me. I'm very open and willing to discuss just about anything.

As for drowning people out. I'm not trying to get you to apologize or think that you're trying to impress people. I care because it makes the conversations less open and inclusive. I'm trying to be open and inclusive. You can do whatever you want of course. And so can I .. So I said what I thought... I do also care about you though and I feel that you have the wrong impression so that's also why I've replied to you.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Bugblndr

Premium Member

to Bugblndr
Thank you.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I'm sorry if I came off so strong. I didn't mean to offend. I'm just tired of the negativity. I'm trying to do some good. So is our team. Lets try to keep that into focus please.

Marc, much of the hoopla has come from the contest being facebook only.

So for the next contest I hope your marketing team finds a way for people to enter via an alternative method alongside facebook, as not everyone is on it or wants to be on it, but is a TSI supporter.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Dude. These forums are way way negative. Anybody reading them can see that easily. I don't think it represents reality and I keep working on the areas where I agree we could do better. When I see a thread complaining about us giving stuff away.. It really highlights for me just how outside of reality this place can be at times.

As for changes or stuff like that. Yeah, I'm my own guy. You need to listen to what I'm saying and get to know me. It seems you are trying to reference others things and because you see something that at a glance appears similar to something else you've seen, that it must surely be the same. I'm a pretty unique guy. Don't assume anything with me. I'm very open and willing to discuss just about anything.

As for drowning people out. I'm not trying to get you to apologize or think that you're trying to impress people. I care because it makes the conversations less open and inclusive. I'm trying to be open and inclusive. You can do whatever you want of course. And so can I .. So I said what I thought... I do also care about you though and I feel that you have the wrong impression so that's also why I've replied to you.

Similarities such as a businesses progression, not you as a person. Read my past topics. I've had nothing but respect for you. I've also been very vocal about that. My experience over 30 years i believe has taught me a thing or two, being a two time successful business owner. Two paths a business can take and unfortunately it's a very fine line between the two.

The people upset are simply making their opinions heard based on the giveaways for facebook likes. You should have at least made i a signup promotion to enter the draw for new customers. Just an opinion. That's all.

Anyway, i've got work to do. Happy New Year sort of, with these murders already. A sad way to start the year

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

K, all good. PM me some of what you're seeing and maybe you know something I don't.. Like I said. I'm open to discuss.

I'm open to suggestions that include Facebook as well as others too though. This was a contest meant to draw in potentially new customers. That also needs to be taken into account. Maybe existing customers could use something in the customer portal and non customers Facebook.

Jayar
join:2005-01-16

Jayar to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
I made a facebook account with a dummy name just to enter. I've since closed it. I don't see what the big problem is: it's a giveaway, not a lottery. I pay for internet, and if service is performing as advertised and I'm paying exactly what I'm supposed to be paying, then cool.

Hey Marc, how are POI capacities across the board? Good? Great.

End of story, for me.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Marc:

Marc, much of the hoopla has come from the contest being facebook only.

So for the next contest I hope your marketing team finds a way for people to enter via an alternative method alongside facebook, as not everyone is on it or wants to be on it, but is a TSI supporter.

Yeah ironically.. I'm one of those.. Only reason I have a Facebook account is to see the TekSavvy page.

Jayar
join:2005-01-16

Jayar to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

K, all good. PM me some of what you're seeing and maybe you know something I don't.. Like I said. I'm open to discuss.

I'm open to suggestions that include Facebook as well as others too though. This was a contest meant to draw in potentially new customers. That also needs to be taken into account. Maybe existing customers could use something in the customer portal and non customers Facebook.

You could also use twitter, but the sheer simplicity of retweeting something to enter is going to get you retweets from all over the world. Maybe open a web form and make it available to places where teksavvy is available.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Jayar

Premium Member

to Jayar
said by Jayar:

I made a facebook account with a dummy name just to enter. I've since closed it. I don't see what the big problem is: it's a giveaway, not a lottery. I pay for internet, and if service is performing as advertised and I'm paying exactly what I'm supposed to be paying, then cool.

End of story, for me.

POIs are great. We're working hard to make sure capacity is good for March ATM...
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Jayar

Premium Member

to Jayar
Well that's just it.. Facebook is so simple and turn key... We don't want to spend any R&D resources to build something just for this... Or take people off the phones just to sort through all this stuff from multiple sources. That's why Facebook and infusionsoft emails end up getting used.. It's ready to go right now. And I can keep focusing on real problems..

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by Jayar:

End of story, for me.

POIs are great. We're working hard to make sure capacity is good for March ATM...

Whats happening in March....? Sorry for asking what seems like a dumb question but there must be more to that statement.

Thanks for update on POI's regardless.

Back on topic: My only complaint was the contest was FB only. If the intention was to target only people who use social media then it was a success, otherwise not so much.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Nothing specific in March.. Just always planning a few months in advance.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

AWESOME news!

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
My suggestion for a customer draw would be a draw every month for a month or two of free service. 24 customers a year get a month or two free service. This would make it very unique. Unfortunately i don't know personally if you can support eating that cost.

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

we did exactly that a year or two ago.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by TSI Gabe:

we did exactly that a year or two ago.

I know, that's why i'm suggesting it again. It gives a good vibe around here. Things were far more chilled, everyone excited. I mainly didn't know if you could do it again with the changes.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
FYI, Thanks for the contest Marc. I, and hopefully others do appreciate it. You guys had great prizes! Hopefully we will still see another in the future