uniqs
share rss forum feed

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
reply to davidbates

Re: [TWC] TWC Signature Home Unreliable Service NC-Rockingham Ub

Demand they check the uplinks to your local node. And make them show you the utilization stats.

You'll probably need the guys in the bucket trucks to do this. The average field tech probably won't have access to this information.

davidbates

join:2012-05-18
Madison, NC

Good idea ke4pym... although to be honest I wouldn't know what I was looking at. Once I tracked down via tracert that there was a node above my house flopping but they fixed that and now it seams to be the modem freezing.

swintec,
I have read that the Ubee is garbage as well. I will say when it is working it works great. There is a line item on my bill for ~$5/month for wireless. I tried to get them to take it off when I got the service because I already have 13 linksys routers in the house. I only use the Ubee's wireless for guest access, it is hardwired to my mac which then feeds DHCP to the other routers.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by davidbates:

I already have 13 linksys routers in the house....

Was this a typo?
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

davidbates

join:2012-05-18
Madison, NC

It was not a typo, I have plaster walls and thus have a wireless router per section of the house. all Linksys E series. I also house all of my networking equipment in a server rack, you should see the techs when they come out :0