how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rhinodad

join:2012-05-16
Orlando, FL

[CFL] DVR wonky after watching recorded program

After watching a recorded program and pressing delete, my Samsung WHDVR will freeze on the menu screen (save, delete, etc) for 5-10 seconds, then go to a black screen for another several seconds. After this it will either reboot or return to normal operation. There seems to be no pattern to when it will reboot. Anyone else experience this? The issue appears to have started after the last major software update. Thanks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
Coincidence to the update but is a failing DVR so open a direct forums thread with your IP and availability for a tech and I'll make it happen.

Green

join:2010-03-15
You may recall my Direct Post......reads real similar and a different Model DVR......

rhinodad

Orlando, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Will do, thanks.

Probably unrelated, but the same DVR now only shows HD channels on the guide. Is there a setting we may have inadvertently changed?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rhinodad:

Will do, thanks.

Probably unrelated, but the same DVR now only shows HD channels on the guide. Is there a setting we may have inadvertently changed?

Not likely...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1
reply to rhinodad
Yes, you probably did. Press the guide button twice and you can change it back to your desired setting.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to rhinodad
Yes actually I misread your question while mobile...thought you were talking about your other issue....Dan is correct..you have selected HD only to be displayed.

rhinodad

Orlando, FL
Thanks guys. Kids were playing....