uniqs
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to davidbates

Premium Member

to davidbates

Re: [TWC] TWC Signature Home Unreliable Service NC-Rockingham Ub

With Signature Home you pay nothing extra for the modem/wireless gateway and nothing for wireless connectivity. I’ve had Signature Home for 2 years now, and as soon as the tech left after swapping my equipment, I hooked my own Linksys router back up and had the UBee gateway put into bridge modem. Earlier this year I upgraded to the same router you have, the Linksys EA4500. I really don’t know why you don’t use that. It’s a great piece of hardware that cost you probably upwards of $200, so why not use it to its fullest? A few months ago I replaced the Ubee and now have an Arris D3 Gateway/MTA and I had it in bridge mode since I hooked it up. I would NEVER in a million years use the routing capabilities of a Time Warner provided gateway. Off the top of my head I have around 20 devices on my network, seven of them being wireless and the remaining are hardwired, never had a problem with connectivity using a Time Warner provided modem in conjunction with my own Linksys router.

My advice, put the Ubee in bridge mode and use the Linksys and see if that solves your problems.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Not often I agree with Mehs, I do today.

Hob
davidbates
join:2012-05-18
Madison, NC

davidbates to Happydude32

to Happydude32
Thanks for the advice Steve Mehs,
Although on my bill I have a line item for $5 for wireless. (it may be the wireless modem rental) My linksys modem will do guest wireless (For security I like having it hardware separated)... instead of trying to get this modem to work in a feature disabled mode shouldn't I request a different type of modem? are there any out there that does what the Ubee does or is reliable?