uniqs

Anon212
@ttnet.com.tr

1 edit

Anon212

Anon

[Phish] New Phishing Scam On Faceboo?!!

hello
this is my first post and i wanted to give a heads up for you from a new and smart scam that i believe is made to steal facebook pages and accounts.
today i got this message on my page that has almost 900,000 members

the message:
quote:
Dear Facebook user,

We have reviewed the suspension of your Page. After reviewing your page activity, it was determined that you were in violation of our Terms of Service. We have provided a warning to you via email, but you have not responded to our notification. Therefore, your account might be permanently suspended.

If you think this is a mistake, please verify your account on the link below. This would indicate that your Page does not have a violation on our Terms of Service. We will immediately review your account activity, and we will notify you again via email.

Verify your account at the link below:
==========================
ht tp://apps.facebook.com/access-restore
==========================

Thanks for being part of Facebook Comunity,
The Facebook Security Team.
and here is a picture of the message :

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

now the reason that makes me think its smart is how the hell did they send it directly to my page , also there is no profile linked to the guy who sent the message because it takes me to the home page.
and how i know its fake?
first it dosnt sound legit
second why would facebook use apps to "verify" my page
and last and most important that the link take me to a page that asks me to write my page name , my phone number or email and of course my password and when i enter random password it accepts it !!!!!
i know facebook will never ask for my password this way
also they spelled "Community" wrong

so what do you think? anyone had or heard the same ??

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

1 recommendation

nwrickert

Mod

Too little information.

Best is to submit to our phishtracker, though I think you have to sign up as a dslreports member before you can do that.

Your image shows a facebook link. The first thing to check, is whether that is a link to facebook, or to somewhere else. For phish, it is typically to somewhere else. Depending on your mail client, holding the mouse over the link might show where it is on a status display somewhere.

In any case, if unsure, the thing to do is to sign into your facebook account in the normal way. DO NOT use the link in the email. Use whatever is in your bookmarks. If you can sign in normally, and if there is no alert message when you sign in, then the chances are that there is nothing wrong with your facebook account so the email is likely bogus.

Anon212
@ttnet.com.tr

Anon212

Anon

Re: [Phish] New Phishing Scam On Facebook?!!

well as i said the link takes me to a facebook app that has no icon and nothing works on that page except the submit button and the name and password fields (typical phish page), i noticed also that before two days there was a "i forgot my password" link that when you click on it takes to a 404 page, this link is now gone.
the guy did a good job making there message appear real (except for some misspellings at the end) but his phish page is too obvious but even though i think many people can fall for this trick

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22

Premium Member

said by Anon212 :

well as i said the link takes me to a facebook app that has no icon and nothing works on that page except the submit button and the name and password fields (typical phish page), i noticed also that before two days there was a "i forgot my password" link that when you click on it takes to a 404 page, this link is now gone.
the guy did a good job making there message appear real (except for some misspellings at the end) but his phish page is too obvious but even though i think many people can fall for this trick

check the email header info.........it'll be there.........better yet log in 2FB and send a fyi off 2admin..also check you FB msg box....there should be a copy from admin in there............however.....i think you are on to a new species here...keep us posted.......jd