bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

bryant313

[ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

anyone besides the Rhode Island Market and the Virgina Market
get the annual speed upgrades yet?

seems a lot of markets have not made speed upgrades to their premier and ultimate tiers in over 2 years now

themew
Premium Member
join:2005-05-04
Fort Walton Beach, FL

themew

Premium Member

Yup, we got it around the middle of last week here in the Fort Walton Beach FL market.

Nice speed boost on Premier!

Here's the email they sent:

Congratulations! You're the proud owner of 36 Mbps.

Download, stream, share, play, surf, enjoy. Your Internet is even faster now.

We have improved your download speeds by 8 more Mbps, with speeds twelve times faster than DSL! Cox High Speed Internet now has new speeds- for the 9th straight year!

Even faster speeds for all your connected devices and needs
Includes PowerBoost® for those extra bursts when you need it
Game faster, share more, stream videos, upload with ease, and much more

Best of all, you don't have to do a thing - just enjoy!

Thanks for being a valued Cox customer.

Sincerely,

Your Cox team

Note: We're actually seeing over 50meg speed boosts using a Cisco DPC3010 now bonding 5 download channels.
Eclipse95
join:2012-12-23

Eclipse95 to bryant313

to bryant313
Here in Vegas my modem just started to channel bond on upstream. I have the ultimate tier so I'm hoping for a increase this time around but doubtful
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to themew

to themew
are you seeing upstream channels bonded as well?
bryant313

bryant313 to Eclipse95

to Eclipse95
yeah i have heard things but nothing has happened yet

so i am doubtful as well i mean on the cox website i get usually
27mbps down and 40mbps up with 2 upstream channels bonded of course that is all power boost

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to themew

Premium Member

to themew
Any mention in the email or local ads about what Ultimate is getting pushed to?
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

No upspeed bonding in the FL markets, were dead last on most things

-Rob
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to skeechan

to skeechan
i checked the Cox Arizona page and saw that their no improvements to the ultimate tier but i did see the premier increase that Yippz was talking about

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

No upspeed bonding in the FL markets, were dead last on most things

-Rob

The Cox peeps think yall have too much else to do than sit inside all day on the internet

But anyways.. you're not dead last on that, no speed upgrades here yet.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to bryant313

Premium Member

to bryant313
We got it in Central Florida too, Premier is now 36/5Mbps with download PowerBoost up to 45Mbps and upload PowerBoost up to 6Mbps.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

what were your old speeds?

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland

Premium Member

said by bryant313:

what were your old speeds?

I believe it was 28Mbps down with PowerBoost to 36. I'm not sure if they bumped the upstream as well.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to bryant313

to bryant313
I received in my bill where they increased all HSI and phone service. But Ultimate HSI rates will be lowered. Go figure.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

What did the Ultimate rate drop to?
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to Beezel

to Beezel
yeah i heard that HSI and phone are going up a little bit and ultimate is coming down and the reason for this is to get more customers to upgrade to ultimate of course not until the speed increase comes

CoxVegas
join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

It's always interesting to see what these rumors are.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

What's the source? If Ultimate is going down, I'd be a happy camper, $99.00 is pricy - hopefully, our monthly cap will go up too

-Rob
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

i was told this by several cox techs while they were working at my home *they were actual cox techs and not contractors*
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Well cox pricing has always been a market by market deal, same goes for internet speed increase's. I do think Ultimate is a little to pricey, as it is $110 a month here without any kind of discounted rate. I am lucky to be one of the first couple markets, to see the 100/20 speed upgrade for ultimate.

Which makes thing's a little better, but with such a tough economy the cheaper the better. I am luckily still saving some money on ultimate promotion deal. But once it is up, I do plan to call cox and try to get some kind of discounted rate. As I do feel being a long time customer, have had there internet service since they started offering internet service way back when. So all company's should want to help offer saving's to customer's, who have been with them a long time. I understand offering deal's to get new customer's, but to me that doesn't mean you can't look out for long time customer's who stay in good standing's paying there bill's. Also offering saving's keeps your customer's happy, and the company still makes plenty of money to be successful business imo.

Beezel
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to bryant313

to bryant313
I believe the ultimate rate is going down $10 or so, I don't have the paper atm. But the price I think will be around $109. But not 100% sure. If I find the paper I will post a photocopy of it.
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by Beezel:

I believe the ultimate rate is going down $10 or so, I don't have the paper atm. But the price I think will be around $109. But not 100% sure. If I find the paper I will post a photocopy of it.

Well I think it should be closer to the $100 range, the $110-$120 is a bit much I think for residential tier, which has cap's.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to Beezel

to Beezel
did that paper mention any date of when these rates or speed increase will take effect?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313:

did that paper mention any date of when these rates or speed increase will take effect?

Well if your a current customer paying that $120 a month for ultimate. You should be calling cox's billing department asking about saving some money, as long as your in good standing's with them.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

no i am a premier level user but i will upgrade to ultimate if there is a price drop and they add some decent upload speed to it such as the 100/20 tier in Rhode Island

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

Click for full size
new 37Mbits speed boost
drop price for an ultimate? that is false statement, they do not drop any prices. they just only drops the price for limited time.

new boost speed i gets at.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to bryant313

Premium Member

to bryant313
No changes in Omaha Nebraska except for upstream bonding.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

$110.00 for ultimate? You sure? Ultimate is only $99.00 and should be nationwide. If it goes down to $89.00 I'd be a happy camper. I wish Cox would give us bundled savings with TV and internet. Their phone is expensive and have Vonage for only $13.00 a month, UL US and canada calling, for life.

When I had Cox phone, their $29.00 easily turned to $50.00 and that's just expensive.

-Rob

Beezel
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to bryant313

to bryant313
Click for full size
Price changes
Here it is for Las Vegas area.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Wonder if they're going to standardize the $110 price across all markets. If they are, I may end up dropping it unless it comes with a nice speed increase.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Weird, it's only $100.00 here, I *HOPE* it stays the same, Cox needs to keep their performance pledge going

-Rob