Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
reply to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

I haven't seen any speed upgrade in Phoenix in 2 years now. They did a CMTS upgrade in my node recently, but no changes to data rates.

raven2510

join:2011-06-27
reply to bryant313

said by bryant313:

wow that is a long time but i am certain your bill went up ever year right?

Oh, for sure it did. Either pricing or fees/hidden crap. They just started bonding channels here like 1 year ago. We never get anything until years later. Doesn't help there is no competition here either. Its either CenturyLink or Cox.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV
reply to raven2510

wow that is a long time but i am certain your bill went up ever year right?

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to Needleinthha

i really hope it is not true

raven2510

join:2011-06-27
reply to Needleinthha

said by Needleinthha:

said by bryant313:

she responded with no their will not be any imporvemnets just prices increases only

Hope thats not true...If so, that sucks...A lot of areas (including phx and vegas) havent had speed upgrades for over a year....

We haven't seen an upgrade in Omaha in nearly 2-5 years now.

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30
reply to bryant313

said by bryant313:

she responded with no their will not be any imporvemnets just prices increases only

Hope thats not true...If so, that sucks...A lot of areas (including phx and vegas) havent had speed upgrades for over a year....

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

spoke to a rep on the phone regarding the price increase to verify it
and she did verify that their will be a price increase across all services

i asked will there be any speed increase or anything improvements on all their services such as TV phone and internet

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

1 edit
reply to genzoulv

so i inquired about the speed upgrades on the cox Facebook page and got this response

We have no information on speed increases, at this time.

However, we’re continually working to improve Cox customers’ Internet experiences. We’ve consistently increased speeds over the last several years.

We will be sure to update all customers with any changes in the upcoming year.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

*then i mentioned to her that i have not seen a speed increase on the premier level in last few years and this was the response i got*

Unfortunately, there have not been any recent speed increases for the Premier level.

We will be sure to inform you of any speed increased for the Premier HSI, hopefully in the near future.

we appreciate your patience in this matter and thank you for being a loyal Cox Communications customer!

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

He's talking about Suddenstink.

Ah OK... I need to learn to drink BOTH cups of morning coffee before posting on here.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to bryant313

He's talking about Suddenstink.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to genzoulv

i have used cox ultimate service here in Las Vegas and have gotten the advertised speeds with no issues at all

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6
reply to genzoulv

Cox Las Vegas presently offers 50Mb/s down, 5Mb/s up for residential at all locations. (Unless you were referring to CenturyLink? Not sure...)

genzoulv

join:2004-10-05
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Beezel

They have 40 or 50 Mbps service here in Vegas, but only a very limited number of people can get that speed. Their whole statement about them doing a major city upgrade was a crock. I call them now and all they can offer is still 3 Mbps down. It's pathetic.

Beerlord

join:2013-01-02
reply to SlashG42

Yep, New Orleans hasn't seen many upgrades in a long time. We are such a small market, we're last to get most anything though I would think we're a bigger market than Pensacola.
No new HD channels in a while. Only thing new is channels moving around to make room for new channels we don't see.

SlashG42

join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
reply to bryant313

What speed upgrade? New Orleans hasn't seen plans upgraded speed-wise since 2010. We've seen a couple price "upgrades" though.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
reply to Beezel

Centurylink SUCKS, too..

-Rob

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to bryant313

If the speed upgrade doesn't increase the cap then it's worthy absolutely nothing.

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to genzoulv

said by genzoulv:

Well, you have to remember that Cox really has no competition here. Centurylink is a joke and who else do they really have to compete with...Clear (yeah, right)? If you want fast internet there's only one choice in Vegas.

Centurylink only has 25/2 here. I don't see them upgrading any time soon.

genzoulv

join:2004-10-05
Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

Well, you have to remember that Cox really has no competition here. Centurylink is a joke and who else do they really have to compete with...Clear (yeah, right)? If you want fast internet there's only one choice in Vegas.

Expand your moderator at work

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to Needleinthha

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

now it has been 2 years since any speed increase in Las Vegas for the Ultimate and the premier tier so i hope in quarter 1 of 2013 something happens

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30
reply to bchandler02

Whats really ridiculous about ultimate (at least in AZ) is the advertized upload speeds are LOWER than premier (5.5mbps upload for ultimate & 6mbps upload for premier -- including powerboost for both)...It doesnt make sense why they wouldnt at least match it...why make it .5mbps slower upload speed when customers are paying $30/month more?

Also, I'm on premier and regularly get 32mbps down and 15-20mbps upsteam (including powerboost)...way higher than advertized....does anyone else get it too? or is that not typical? im assuming high upstream are because im bonding 3 channels upsteram but not sure....not complaning, obviously...

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bryant313

Ultimate in OKC is $99.99, 50/5 speeds. If it went to 89.99, I'd jump up to it in a heartbeat. Depending on what the new speeds are (whenever they show up), it may or may not justify the upgrade.

Also to be considered is what the lower tiers will bump up to - will tomorrow's premier be today's ultimate, for the same price?

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to bryant313

My Cox bill just came yesterday, and there was no mention of price increases in it. Hopefully it stays that way...

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
reply to skeechan

Weird, it's only $100.00 here, I *HOPE* it stays the same, Cox needs to keep their performance pledge going

-Rob

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Beezel

Wonder if they're going to standardize the $110 price across all markets. If they are, I may end up dropping it unless it comes with a nice speed increase.
--
In a nation of spoiled children, Santa Claus always wins.

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

Click for full size
Price changes
Here it is for Las Vegas area.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
reply to ajwees41

$110.00 for ultimate? You sure? Ultimate is only $99.00 and should be nationwide. If it goes down to $89.00 I'd be a happy camper. I wish Cox would give us bundled savings with TV and internet. Their phone is expensive and have Vonage for only $13.00 a month, UL US and canada calling, for life.

When I had Cox phone, their $29.00 easily turned to $50.00 and that's just expensive.

-Rob

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to bryant313

No changes in Omaha Nebraska except for upstream bonding.

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to bryant313

Click for full size
new 37Mbits speed boost
drop price for an ultimate? that is false statement, they do not drop any prices. they just only drops the price for limited time.

new boost speed i gets at.