Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to Amou

Premium Member

to Amou

Re: Time to start shopping for a new isp.

said by Amou:

said by Tx:

said by Amou:

You could just stay and don't do illegal things but bye and good luck.

Wow.. I'm just lost for words...

Educate yourself, then post...

Educate what? Enlighten me. As I do recall their policy has always been there since we signed it. We all choose to be with them and read the policy I assume, so why must they even step a foot into our mess? Because we pay them money? So do people who follow rules. Whose fault is that they must hand over the logs? Not them they didn't do anything. They are being forced too hand over. It's their business and want to keep customer sure, but I personally wouldn't go against the law for what I haven't done and can clearly see that they have. If you are complaining about privacy, it is understandable to a certain point but nothing to worry about if you didn't do anything wrong. Yeah you can always use the excuse that you share your ip with people or you didn't secure your network but how long do you think "ignorance is bliss" will last? Doesn't work with any other law out there... The only difference here is that Teksavvy told people of what is going on instead of just letting it go unknown. They weren't obligated. There would not be people complaining if they didn't tell us, just people unprepared and probably all be charged by now. They keep logs for good reasons and they even state it. I don't see how they are in the wrong at all when they are being force their hands. Unless you want them to break the law for us.~ Just because they aren't opposing them doesn't mean they are just going to let it go like that. They've been there since UBB and still fighting net neutrality for us. They've always been fighting for us. But one thing happens that they can't control everyone goes mad at them. I'm sure if you were in their position you would be doing what Marc has been doing that is best for his company and best for the customers. He has to balance the too. You might see it as just a company but to him he sees it as another extension of family that he sees everyday like us. I don't blame him for anything and he hasn't keep anything in the dark with us, logs and what is happening. Which might state he has given us lots of time considering how full his hands are. Whose to say that by not making a move isn't a smart move? Sometimes the situation can turn around because they overlooked something on the other side and this really is the best course of action and the face that they have to hand over our privacy is not their fault, also logging was stated in policy so they haven't done anything wrong.

Honestly no offence but i'm not reading that... please paragraph next time. That's a mess.

All i read was the first line. Educate yourself on exactly what you said and how really silly it sounds. If you truly understand the internet and how it works your statement is out of left field.

"Don't do illegal things and you're fine" lol. You know my grandmother was accused once for downloading a ubisoft game. She's 92 and can barely play solitaire. That pesky women must have grabbed Assassins creed. I knew she wanted to be a ninja
Amou
join:2011-01-29
Guelph, ON

1 recommendation

Amou

said by Tx:

Honestly no offence but i'm not reading that... please paragraph next time. That's a mess.

All i read was the first line. Educate yourself on exactly what you said and how really silly it sounds. If you truly understand the internet and how it works your statement is out of left field.

"Don't do illegal things and you're fine" lol. You know my grandmother was accused once for downloading a ubisoft game. She's 92 and can barely play solitaire. That pesky women must have grabbed Assassins creed. I knew she wanted to be a ninja

Quite true, people don't read. If you read policy and understand how the internet works, you wouldn't be in this mess. Ignorance is bliss only works until they put in a law saying that you probably shouldn't leave your door open and next time it happens that excuse won't work and yes unfortunate for your grandmother, the person setting up the network obviously didn't know how to read the manual and set up easy security.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

Tx

Premium Member

said by Amou:

said by Tx:

Quite true, people don't read. If you read policy and understand how the internet works, you wouldn't be in this mess. Ignorance is bliss only works until they put in a law saying that you probably shouldn't leave your door open and next time it happens that excuse won't work and yes unfortunate for your grandmother, the person setting up the network obviously didn't know how to read the manual and set up easy security.

What in the world are you going on about? Reading policy and me understanding? huh? Then i wouldn't be in what mess?!?

Leaving your door open analogy as in an open router? Un bud, pushing a door vs configuring a router quite a bit different... if that's what you're getting at, that's a horrible analogy.

That "person" setting up her router didn't need to read a manual lol. That "person" is me, a tech of 22 years who had the account fully and absolutely secured including mac restriction.

What's worse is you think reading a manual will keep you out of trouble lol. I won't insult you about not knowing much, many don't. Just believe me when i tell you, send me your address via PM if you like i'll come by and show you i can access your network from outside before i leave to head home.

Judging by your ideals, i honestly do not believe you're well educated in the IT field. That said, please don't be so knuckle headed and think you're safe because you read a manual. Be smarter then that.

Also for those who think not broadcasting your SSID will hide, let me tell you the software i use and any sniffing software finds all networks.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

you sound liek that guilty guy whom tries to find any reason to sound innocent.

and once said error was found was she not exonertated...all courts make errors now and then...instead fo showing JUST a probelm why not try a solution too
funny0

funny0 to Amou

to Amou
said by Amou:

said by Tx:

hehe im not even gonna tell you how many ways you prolly infringe someone's intellectual property ina day , that don't sue you....so have a nice day..copyrights with 80 year terms are not about user/consumer/society balance they are a rape of humankind.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to funny0

Premium Member

to funny0
said by funny0:

said by Tx:

you sound liek that guilty guy whom tries to find any reason to sound innocent.

and once said error was found was she not exonertated...all courts make errors now and then...instead fo showing JUST a probelm why not try a solution too

That makes no sense. if i got a letter, i'd have no problems admitting to it lol...i guarantee i didn't, considring i do not use the TSI account from home lol