how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CMack

join:2004-07-30
canada

Bandwidth

Hope you all have enough bandwidth for the season...holy cow!
Merry Christmas everyone.
CMack

Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

Not much change as far as peak usage but definitely a higher average of usage throughout the day.. I suspect Tuesday night and Wednesday will be different though.
--
I survived Hale-Bopp!

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to CMack

I grabbed some cat 5s and they were hot.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to CMack

Just wait for all the "internet ready" things from Walmart and Best Buy come on-line.

DaDawgs
Premium
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA

^^^ What Justin Said.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
reply to CMack

I dunno about you guys but we get a flood of calls and emails asking about email passwords, wifi passwords, routers, and how do I hook up my new smart TV right after xmas, sometimes only hours after sunrise on Dec 25th.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
reply to CMack

Merry Christmas bro, to you and the family and your crew.

voxframe

reply to CMack

Hehehe I'm getting ready for the slew of calls.

We just had a nice wrestling match with a mountain site running on a generator (45KW) for a week because of powerlines being ripped down.

So hopefully the action will be done for now.

Running solo at the office today. So just cleaning out the service trucks, stocking inventory, upgrading firmware, and generally cleaning up after the week's mess. Hopefully the holiday week will be easy.

gmcintire
Graham
Premium
join:2005-08-09
Blue Ridge, TX
reply to CMack

I'm already at capacity (waiting on new 100mbit line), so my network's screaming at me loud today.

Rhaas
Premium
Bernie, MO

said by gmcintire:

I'm already at capacity (waiting on new 100mbit line), so my network's screaming at me loud today.

BTDT, This is the first year that we are not under a bandwidth crunch at christmas.
--
I survived Hale-Bopp!

DaDawgs
Premium
Deltaville, VA
reply to CMack

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!

We are having Christmas Puppies I think. I am sleeping on the porch with the dog as she is wanting someone near her. Last night was a bit cold and the floor is hard but maybe tonight she will pop and it will be PUPPIES! =)
--
Once we IPv6 enable every device on the Internet we will have toasters, baby monitors, and security cameras joining the bot nets which today are populated only by idiots that can not refrain from clicking, "Yes I would like to see those titties..."

TheHox

join:2012-05-31
reply to CMack

Our bandwidth is down a bunch, as we serve a bunch of college apartments still. They all went home for the holidays!

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to DaDawgs

New puppies on Christmas Day - cool!!

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid...

Rhaas
Premium
Bernie, MO
reply to CMack

said by CMack:

Hope you all have enough bandwidth for the season...holy cow!
Merry Christmas everyone.
CMack

We hit a new new peak usage last night, Cacti recorded 192Mb/s for the average. I saw 210-220 on the router interfaces themselves. Since we got some snow last night I suspect we'll go up even more - if all the power comes back on. We have about ~400 customers without power since about 1:30 this morning.
--
I survived Hale-Bopp!

CMack

join:2004-07-30
canada
reply to CMack

350M last night, all time high.

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
reply to CMack

yesterday wasn't all that bad for me, Today, I've been at 13-14/15 Meg constant for most of the morning!

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
reply to CMack

Click for full size
Click for full size
We have been doing a lot of upgrades this year at our sites (120+) to keep up with demand. We still have some on t1 and cable modem that just dont cut it anymore, so still a lot of work to be done.