uniqs

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

VZ email whitelist system is borked

Sent an email to @verizon.net from an address that worked in the past. Caught as spam in the filter, message was bounced back as undeliverable.
quote:
someaddress@verizon.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from ServerIP is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit »www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 121223
My domain is on a shared server that is blocked, and it is not possible to complete the whitelist request.

[rant]VZ is trying very hard to win this year's award for incompetency.

[/rant]
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

use www.verizon.net/whitelist

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to birdfeedr

MVM

to birdfeedr
Don't use VZ email.

birdfeedr
MVM
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to nyrrule27

MVM

to nyrrule27
quote:
it is not possible to complete the whitelist request.
I implied it, but should have added detail for clarity: I tried using their link at www.verizon.net/whitelist, completed the form as an enduser, using all complete and accurate info, filling out all asterisked fields, and ended up with an indecipherable error. Shall I regenerate the error so I can post it here?

Suffice it to say, I could not complete the whitelist request.

And, I should add, not that *I* must use a verizon.net address, but that I must *send to* someone else's verizon.net address. Unfortunately, there's quite a few people who haven't gotten the memo to use anyone's email service except from Verizon.

[ending rant]It's possible that this may be related to whatever restructuring VZ is doing because 3 million of their customer records are out in the wild and they're fixing something, not that anyone's account has been affected or that anything has been compromised in a detrimental way. But they're fixing something.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

what port number are you using on the outgoing server?
Expand your moderator at work

birdfeedr
MVM
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

Re: VZ email whitelist system is borked

Domain is hosted on surpasshosting on a shared server. I cannot answer what port is used on the outgoing server. I rely on surpasshosting to provide service that just works. I placed a trouble report, the tech replied "I have enable DKIM and SPF records to increase the reputation of emails coming from your domain." then sent it over to Abuse who checked the server for spam,, found none, then submitted the request for delisting (or whitelisting).

Eventually, problem will be solved. Waiting on reply from VZ.

Grumpy is as grumpy does. I'm all ranted out.

Merry Christmas everyone.