how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DS256
Premium
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON

[TV] Free 2 Years of Bell Satellite TV in Kitchener?

My father-in-law was excitedly explaining to me that he had 2 years free Satellite TV with no contract. I pushed him on had he checked this because it sounds too good to be true. It's installed and running.

My concern is that they have been taken and what Bell did was actually add something to their telephone line.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this offer.

Thanks

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1

is it new construction?

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to DS256

I know they were offering some crazy deals on Fibe TV (not satellite) in Waterloo, but I haven't heard anything about satellite. I'd assume that they're heavily promoting Fibe TV now since it's available in most of K/W/C.

DS256
Premium
Markham, ON
reply to urbang33k

@urbang33k - Nope old neighborhood

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada

is he sure it's satellite?

As squircle said, They've been pushing FibeTV pretty hard and I cant tell you how many times, after I finish a FibeTV install, the customer asks where I put the dish. hahaha

Some people have no idea what FIBE-TV is since everyone knows Bell TV as being satellite.

imho, I think the branding between Bell TV and FibeTV is way too similar. I'd venture Bell should have a fairly blunt campaign regarding Fibe TV. Something along the lines of ... "Fibe TV - No dish required" or "Fibe TV - it's not satellite!" Something to that extent. hahahaha

In anycase, unfortunately if it is Satellite, you might be hard pressed to get an answer out of anyone here as most topics revolve around internet. If you dont find an answer here, I'd suggest Digitalhome.ca under the Bell Expressvue forum.

Having said all that, it could very well be a case of getting tv for 'free' 'when bundled with phone and internet' type of thing. They discount everything and sum up the savings and equate that to 'it's like having one of the services for free!'

It's all speculation until you see that first bill in the mail I guess.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

If he is switching from Cogeco cable to Bell Satellite TV it could be possible

DS256
Premium
Markham, ON
reply to DS256

Thanks all. Will just have to keep an eye out.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to DS256

They might be because they are now offering CTV-Kitchener. Most people stuck with Rogers because of lack of local content with the others.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein