Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to me1212

Re: kindle or android tablet, for mom?

Thanks for all your help guys! We ended up getting her a nexus 7 4G. Not quite sure how it works yet, like since theres no sd slot if I can use some sort of usb stick or not, but I'll figure it out before tuesday so I can teach her.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

Do any updates NOW before the servers get swamped.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to me1212

Do you have wifi at your house? Yes, I know the one you bought has 4G...

Also, look in a free Dropbox (or similar) account. Makes it easy to transfer data off of existing computers.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Yeah we got wifi, but ALL the non 4g ones at every store we called(within a 1 hour drive of our house) were sold out. Even most of the 4g ones were gone, only microcenter(really not a surprise) had even the 4g left.

I have a skydrive(edit: its a 25GB account) account, and I think google has its own thing for could back up. but yeah dropbox does sound like a good alternative.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8

Good on the wifi. It will keep the data charges down if you are using your home connection.

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to me1212

said by me1212:

Thanks for all your help guys! We ended up getting her a nexus 7 4G. Not quite sure how it works yet, like since theres no sd slot if I can use some sort of usb stick or not, but I'll figure it out before tuesday so I can teach her.

There is using Stickmount app but you need root access for it to work. Dropbox is a good alternative.
--
--
--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley