uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to FizzyMyNizzy

Re: [Updated] Nvidia Geforce 310.70 WHQL driver.

Since when did nVidia begin trashing your desktop color settings when installing a new driver?

It trashed my color so bad (made all color extremely washed out and very pale) that I had to use system restore to the earlier driver for 660 GTX. I had nVidia 7800 GTX card on my old XP computer. My color settings were never trashed. Plus, setting colors was far superior on the classic display panel. It sucks on the crappy panel nVdia has now. It took me a long time to set the colors as I want them when I first got this machine about 5 weeks ago. I did upgrade the driver once before this time and my color settings were not trashed then but they sure were with this driver.

nVidia is so pathetic now that I have no way to save my settings. I couldn't believe there is no nView now unless you buy a professional nVidia card...that sucks royally as nView was the only reason I chose nVidia over ATI card on this new computer. The professional card would be worth it to get nView if I had known this earlier. Then I learned I have almost zero settings now in the control panel and I can't save my desktop settings or create more desktops...it is just horrible. Then on top of that to add insult to injury, nVidia driver install trashes my settings. GEEEZ.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
That's similar to the fix from a mod at Geforce forums....but both fixes are for Windows 7 not Windows 8. I am a bit afraid to try either fix on Win 8. Until now, I had been using nView since 2003 on my first XP computer with 5200 card. I am really unhappy. I did have some problems with nView and Fx 4 on XP but it worked fine with other browsers and later worked ok with Fx 10.

But thanks for the link ...I might try it on Win 8.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
Expand your moderator at work