spc
Search similar:

uniqs
scottp99
join:2010-12-11

4 edits

scottp99

[WIN7] Win7 imaging problems with Sysprep Tool

I created an image with Ghost but just before I did, I used the Sysprep tool to use OOBE Generalize and Shutdown. I then created the image using a boot CD with Ghost. The image created was OK. Then I tested the image and all was fine.

But, I noticed that my Intel Display Drivers were not restored as well. Could it be that this error would of meant that the Intel Display drivers were not installed during the restore process? Because I did created the image snapshot WITH the Intel Display drivers already installed. I dont know why when Syspreping a system does not restore the display drivers....

The rest of the drivers like the LAN, are all OK and has been restored. Except for the Intel display drivers.

Here is a print screen of the Intel display drivers before imaging the system.

Thanks
scottp99

scottp99

Does anyone know why my Intel Graphics drivers were not restored from the imaging even though I created the image with the graphics drivers instlled already?

I really need to figure this out.

Thanks
Gem
Premium Member
join:2005-09-10

Gem to scottp99

Premium Member

to scottp99
Get intel graphics reinstalled on your restored OS, then try imaging that restored system with a different imaging program - say True Image for example.

See if the new image created with TI, when restored, includes your intel graphics.

The purpose of this experiment is to see if the disappearing drivers problem in Ghost is replicated with a different imaging program.

If not, then try imaging with Ghost again to see if the drivers disappear a second time.
WinOutreach2
join:2012-02-03
Redmond, WA

WinOutreach2

Most likely the driver is being removed during the generalize phase which is helps to prepare the image for deployment to various hardware configurations by removing device specific settings, including drivers. You can instruct Sysprep not to remove drivers with an answer file with the PersistAllDeviceInstalls setting enabled, details on which are found here:
»technet.microsoft.com/li ··· %29.aspx

You can use the Windows System Image Manager (WSIM) to generate the answer file automatically. It can be downloaded as part of the Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 (WAIK) under downloads from the Deliver and Deploy Windows 7 page on the Springboard Site on TechNet:
»technet.microsoft.com/wi ··· dd641427