All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Who7
join:2012-12-18

1 edit

Who7 to swampboy

to swampboy

Re: Time to start shopping for a new isp.

Here is a bit of reality.

Thee is no chance in hell that Volatage is doing this by themselves. They will have some if not a pile of support form their movie trolls.

TSI is much more vulnerable financially then the big boys. If any of the big boys decided to fight them, they would not stand a chance. So they go after TSI and set precedence.

TSI by simply rolling over and not putting up any defense of privacy or issues of error or ANY barrier other then "we tried, our hands are tied".

Once precedence is set, the big boys will have an excuse to hand over too without looking like tools.

Given how easy the first volley TSI made it for the money trolls, EXPECT a nice new shiny and very lucrative business model.

If our expectations of privacy is thrown under the bus next month and I expect we will be, there is only ONE way to make TSI and the rest of the industry pay, MIGRATE to companies that keep the minimum records and time. I am currently a customer of TSI but soon will not be. I hope a lot of people will migrate to providers who take the privacy of their customers much more seriously.
Fuzzy285
join:2012-12-12

1 edit

Fuzzy285

In addition to shopping for short log retentions, will we have to hire a network administrator to configure and manage our wireless routers now? Damn you conservatives, you've finally motivated me to vote in the next election.
Who7
join:2012-12-18

Who7

It's not a "Conservative" issue. The industry was screaming and threatening their heads off. Don't underestimate how much money the movie industry brings in and how much pressure they can exert because of that.

Look hard......and note all the "legalization" of many things that were commonly done (time shifting, youtube music, etc) but dangerously left it up to the courts to interpret. Now all of those are LEGAL....... and they also left a GIANT hole for ISP's to protect their customers. So all the ISP's have to do is walk through it.

This is as simple as pie. None or minimum log retention. No records. No troll industry. Period.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Who7

to Who7
said by Who7:

Here is a bit of reality.

Thee is no chance in hell that Volatage is doing this by themselves. They will have some if not a pile of support form their movie trolls.

TSI is much more vulnerable financially then the big boys. If any of the big boys decided to fight them, they would not stand a chance. So they go after TSI and set precedence.

TSI by simply rolling over and not putting up any defense of privacy or issues of error or ANY barrier other then "we tried, our hands are tied".

Once precedence is set, the big boys will have an excuse to hand over too without looking like tools.

Given how easy the first volley TSI made it for the money trolls, EXPECT a nice new shiny and very lucrative business model.

If our expectations of privacy is thrown under the bus next month and I expect we will be, there is only ONE way to make TSI and the rest of the industry pay, MIGRATE to companies that keep the minimum records and time. I am currently a customer of TSI but soon will not be. I hope a lot of people will migrate to providers who take the privacy of their customers much more seriously.

good waste money
and time and effort thelonger you go more time it makes the current govt look bad
the next one will get rid of said abilites so enjoy at best a small lil dip in things and my word to everyone

DONT BUY A SINGLE CDR BLANK AGAIN
ya know the kind with a levy
Matt9k
join:2011-09-24

Matt9k to Who7

to Who7
The "big boys" don't fight.

Remember they're also content providers, if the allow torrenting of the content, do you think they'll they get an extra nice deal for PPV streaming?