dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
603
share rss forum feed

rollobancher

join:2003-04-11
Salinas, CA

1 edit

[DSL] Help - Line only syncing at ~900kbps

Hello - I finally have time to check out the issue going on for the past month or so. I have noticed that my dsl modem (have tried two - speedstream 4100 and D-Link 2320b) and the download sync rate only gets at most ~900kbps, but upload is fine at ~384kbps. I have connected both modems to the outside jack (excludes internal home wiring) and ~900kbps is the highest rate I can achieve even though I am paying for 1.5Mbps.

Here are my modem tech read outs, can you guys give me a hand and figure out whats going on? If any more information is needed to troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks for the help!

Line State
UP
Modulation
ANSI
Data Path
fast

 
To Modem
To Internet
Max Allowed Speed (kbps)
896
384
SN Margin (dB)
6.0
-
Line Attenuation (dB)
63.5
-
Loss of Signal
0
-
Loss of Frame
0
0
CRC Errors
422
2

ATM Information
VPI / VCI
0 / 35
Protocol
PPPoE
 
In Octets
27305620
In Errors
333
In Unicast Packets
30969
In Non Unicast Packets
0
In Discard Packets
0
 
Out Octets
12957716
Out Errors
0
Out Unicast Packets
30898
Out Non Unicast Packets
0
Out Discard Packets
554


dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:28
According to what I'm seeing on my end, it looks like it might be a simple factor of physical distance; you're quite a bit away from your Central Office, and there isn't any Remote Terminal that's closer, either. I do see that we've opened up a ticket for you already; we'll most likely need to send out a field tech to check the physical lines.

As you seem to be getting somewhat better readings out at the phone box outside, please double-check that all of your phones, answering machines, fax machines, etc. all have DSL filters on them, to make sure they're not interfering with the signal.

rollobancher

join:2003-04-11
Salinas, CA
Hello dslx_nick,

Thank you for the reply. An ATT tech came out this morning and tested the lines and checked something out at the node. All I know is that when he came back he said my lines were able to sync at 1.9Mbps download at the *most*. My line is now getting the full speeds as of this morning, which is great (tested on speedtest.net)

I will report back in a couple days if anything changes on my end. Thanks for the help.