Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rollobancher

join:2003-04-11
Salinas, CA

1 edit

[DSL] Help - Line only syncing at ~900kbps

Hello - I finally have time to check out the issue going on for the past month or so. I have noticed that my dsl modem (have tried two - speedstream 4100 and D-Link 2320b) and the download sync rate only gets at most ~900kbps, but upload is fine at ~384kbps. I have connected both modems to the outside jack (excludes internal home wiring) and ~900kbps is the highest rate I can achieve even though I am paying for 1.5Mbps.

Here are my modem tech read outs, can you guys give me a hand and figure out whats going on? If any more information is needed to troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks for the help!

Line State
UP
Modulation
ANSI
Data Path
fast

To Modem
To Internet
Max Allowed Speed (kbps)
SN Margin (dB)
-
Line Attenuation (dB)
-
Loss of Signal
-
Loss of Frame
CRC Errors

ATM Information
VPI / VCI
0 / 35
Protocol
PPPoE

In Octets
In Errors
In Unicast Packets
In Non Unicast Packets
In Discard Packets

Out Octets
Out Errors
Out Unicast Packets
Out Non Unicast Packets
Out Discard Packets

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:28
According to what I'm seeing on my end, it looks like it might be a simple factor of physical distance; you're quite a bit away from your Central Office, and there isn't any Remote Terminal that's closer, either. I do see that we've opened up a ticket for you already; we'll most likely need to send out a field tech to check the physical lines.

As you seem to be getting somewhat better readings out at the phone box outside, please double-check that all of your phones, answering machines, fax machines, etc. all have DSL filters on them, to make sure they're not interfering with the signal.

rollobancher

join:2003-04-11
Salinas, CA
Hello dslx_nick,

Thank you for the reply. An ATT tech came out this morning and tested the lines and checked something out at the node. All I know is that when he came back he said my lines were able to sync at 1.9Mbps download at the *most*. My line is now getting the full speeds as of this morning, which is great (tested on speedtest.net)

I will report back in a couple days if anything changes on my end. Thanks for the help.