billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to isp10002

Re: Questions about Compatible Routers/modems

They are compatible, but not supported by CenturyLink. There is a list, somewhere on the CL site, of modems that are supported by CL. I would recommend getting one of those modems. The easiest to obtain is the Actiontec C1000A. It is sold at Best Buy in CenturyLink packaging for $99. Put it in bridge mode and use the router that you prefer. If you are in a PPPoE area, you will need to get your PPPoE username and password from CL Support.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
Wait,is the router compatible?router=wi-fi modem=internet adapter but anyways these should be compatible with century link
Yeah i know they arent supported by century link but i know how to set up a router and modem so i dont need any help.but im asking,will those both work with century link

MurphieNB

join:2008-09-17
Belton, TX
For a few years, I had a Zyxel/Embarq modem that was originally supplied by Embarq. Several months ago, I started having issues, and CL support said that the modem was failing. Their only option was to send me a new modem and router combo, but at a rate of $4.95/month. I balked at that option, as I had a fairly new router, but more importantly didn't want to pay a monthly fee. They suggested several modems that I could buy locally. The one I ended up with was the Netgear you referenced. Setup was easy, and I've been trouble free since.