Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to My2Cents

Premium Member

to My2Cents

Re: and thats why I use Credit Cards!

How exactly is it broken? When you get the replacement from the CC company, may still not be a bad idea to get an estimate on fixing it. Maybe one of us would buy it.

And I don't like HP either, but there's a statistical chance that any laptop will break down over that time-frame, no matter who built it.

OverrRyde
join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON

OverrRyde

said by Ian1:

How exactly is it broken? When you get the replacement from the CC company, may still not be a bad idea to get an estimate on fixing it. Maybe one of us would buy it.

And I don't like HP either, but there's a statistical chance that any laptop will break down over that time-frame, no matter who built it.

you don't get a replacement under extended warranty, it basicaly duplicates the original manufacturers warranty

My2Cents
@start.ca

My2Cents to Ian1

Anon

to Ian1
said by Ian1:

It was a mobo failure, utterly useless without a full mobo swap.

True on the failure part, although some manufacturers have lower 3 year failure rates than others. Failure at 370 days is just bullshit. Last time I checked, ASUS had the lowest failure rate at 15% ish in 3 years. Although my OLD IBM ThinkPad from 2000 still works fine.

Gotta love my american AMEX, superb service for $75 a year. Excellent in watching for unauthorized charges, you buy something and its unusual, they call you to make sure. Also super harsh on unscrupulous merchants (eBay etc). You really do get what you pay for.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by My2Cents :

Gotta love my american AMEX, superb service for $75 a year. Excellent in watching for unauthorized charges, you buy something and its unusual, they call you to make sure. Also super harsh on unscrupulous merchants (eBay etc). You really do get what you pay for.

Canadian Amex cards are like that too, that's why I love my Amex as a consumer. As someone who has a merchant account at a business, that combined with the obscenely high merchant fees is why I refuse to take Amex
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by Gone:

obscenely high merchant fees

+1

My2Cents
@start.ca

My2Cents to Gone

Anon

to Gone
said by Gone:

Canadian Amex cards are like that too, that's why I love my Amex as a consumer. As someone who has a merchant account at a business, that combined with the obscenely high merchant fees is why I refuse to take Amex

They are not entirely equal, the only reason why I hung on to my Amex is because of the extremely poor offerings here.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

They offer some additional things on US cards, but there are some limitations to some of the offerings (particularly the lost/stolen replacement stuff) that are worse in the US than they are here.