spc
uniqs
electroglyph
join:2012-12-24

electroglyph to IPv6_NOT

to IPv6_NOT

Re: [IPv6] I have gateway but no connectivity

It's bridged.

My router clones the modem MAC and handles all DHCP.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Cloning the modem MAC is pointless, it's not read by the system on the router, it's read on the modem.

IPv6_NOT
@comcast.net

IPv6_NOT to electroglyph

Anon

to electroglyph
said by electroglyph:

It's bridged.

My router clones the modem MAC and handles all DHCP.

That makes no sense at all, and it has nothing to do with whether or not your SBG6580 is in bridge mode.

Look at your router's WAN interface status. If it is getting a Comcast public IPv4 address from the Comcast DHCP server, then your SBG6580 is in bridge mode. If the router's WAN IPv4 address is in the 10/8 subnet, or the 172.16/12 subnet, or the 192.168/16 subnet, (see »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr ··· s_spaces ) then your SBG6580 is not in bridge mode.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

Technically, if the external router "handles all DHCP," the 6580 is in bridge mode. I'm not sure that's actually the case, but that is what he said.

IPv6_NOT
@comcast.net

IPv6_NOT

Anon

said by Moffetts:

Technically, if the external router "handles all DHCP," the 6580 is in bridge mode. I'm not sure that's actually the case, but that is what he said.

The phrase "handles all DHCP" could also just mean that the OP is using the external router's DHCP server to supply DHCP to the LAN. When you do tech support for a living you learn to read between the lines and hear the unspoken.