ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

[Rant] UPS, Again!

Since when did UPS stop deliveries on Sat? I ordered a package that was supposed to arrive on Thursday. Due to weather conditions in Kentucky, it was running a day late.

On Friday afternoon, I get notice alert that at 4:39pm on FRIDAY, that my package was left at the closest UPS service at 2:38pm Two hours earlier it had been dropped off! It was dropped off at a UPS service center about 22mins from my home and I wasn't even notified until the place was about to close!

I called them and was told packaged was re-scheduled for delivery for MONDAY! I ordered the package on a Monday and paid extra for 2 day delivery. What a waste of money. I will never go through UPS again.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

No choice, FedEx also has a weather clause that says your package can be delayed due to weather conditions.

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

I understand weather delay, but come on! UPS dropped it off at a service center 22 mins from my house at 2:38 pm! Do they stop deliveries at 230 now???
ebgbjo

ebgbjo to PrntRhd

Premium Member

to PrntRhd
duplicate post

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
Unless you paid for Saturday delivery they will not deliver it on a Saturday. Even if it's due to storm etc. If they can't make it by Friday you will get it Monday. BTW same issue with a product I purchased. Shit happens...
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
Next time order your package sooner! Outside of UPS Red and FedEx Custom Critical, I’ve never heard of either FedEx or UPS delivering on Saturdays.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
UPS has been slacking alot lately. I had to go to their hub to pick a package up Friday that they said no one was home. I was sitting in my living room and saw the guy drive right by my house. 5 min later i got notification that the driver said no one was home.

While I was at the hub a guy was paying $110 to overnight a envelope. Yes a single ENVELOPE cost $110 to overnight 1 state away, about a 4 hour drive. As he was leaving I told him it might be cheaper to drive it there and he said he thought about it.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

That must have been one heavy envelope and he had to have been paying for Early AM service which is delivered by 8 AM.

Standard overnight envelope runs around $50 for 1 lb. Less than a pound would be cheaper.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
said by ebgbjo:

I ordered the package on a Monday and paid extra for 2 day delivery.

At the very least, since they were unable to deliver it to you within the two days you paid for, they should refund the additional cost you paid for 2 day delivery. Weather conditions or not...

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
The thing is, I paid for 2 day air on Monday morning. It was shipped out withi 2 hours of my order. Where there massive storms in KY on the 19th? Not that I am aware of. There were also no storms in my area on Friday when they for some reason decided not to deliver it after 230pm.

In Iowa, Kentucky and Boston, they have delayed delivery due to "Adverse weather" BS
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder to JRW2

to JRW2
The OP could ask, but noramlly you only get a refund if the delay was due to UPS. The guarantee doesn't apply to acts of god.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to ebgbjo

to ebgbjo
said by ebgbjo:

Since when did UPS stop deliveries on Sat?

UPS has never delivered on Saturdays (unless you paid extra for Saturday delivery).

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

No, I paid extra for 2 day air, which is now 7 days ago. This is ridiculous. No "adverse weather" here. Package was scanned out at 9am this morning, less than 25mins away and still isn't here going on 2pm. I am sure I will get a message soon that they have left it at another UPS facility.
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder

Just so you know how it works, only overnight service has a time specific delivery.

I realize yours is already late but 2 day air goes out on the normal delivery trucks. To residences they deliver up to 7 PM. Also keep in mind it's Christmas Eve so delivery volume is likely larger than normal. As long as it shows it's on the truck for delivery you'll get it today.

Check the tracking though and make sure signature isn't required from the shipper. Because they won't leave it then if for some reason no one is home when they get to your house.
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
said by ebgbjo:

I understand weather delay, but come on! UPS dropped it off at a service center 22 mins from my house at 2:38 pm! Do they stop deliveries at 230 now???

No, but they load the route trucks first thing in the morning, and that truck heads out for the day.

It's Monday -- did you get your package yet?

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
Click for full size
This is the latest. Nothing now for today! How could it have not been scanned for today at any location? Means it is just sitting at the UPS facility just sitting there, or they have been circling between Dartmouth, MA and Fall River MA (17mins apart) for 2 days now!)

UPS is the worst!
ebgbjo

ebgbjo to Secyurityet

Premium Member

to Secyurityet
No, I have not received it yet. Contacted Fathead and trying to get a hold of someone with UPS who can tell me where my package is
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state

Secyurityet

Premium Member

Yep...seems like a little road trip is in order... and a refund for the 2-day if you don't get it today...
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder to ebgbjo

to ebgbjo
Yeah that's not good if it doesn't show out for delivery. Call the 800 number and ask that they have someone from the local distribution center call you.

You should get a call back within the hour and they can tell you if it's on a truck or not.

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

Initial Question: I am trying to figure out why my package was dropped off on Friday at UPS service center at 238pm, just 17mins from my home (it as just raining, not hailing or storming) and it is now Monday 2pm and I still haven't seen my package Mario C.: Hi, this is Mario C.. I'll be happy to assist you.
Erica: It was ordered as 2 day air delivery. I understand wather, but has happened in 3 states and we only had rain on Friday here in MA- nothing to stop driving in, as myself and thousands of others were driving at 230pm on Friday
Erica: *weather
Mario C.: Just a moment while I review your tracking information.
Erica: Can you please tell me if I will actually see it today or not? I could have driving to Dartmouth to pick it up myself if I would have been notified when it was dropped off at that facility rather thank when I got home later and noticed it on the tracker
Mario C.: The package will be delivered today.
Mario C.: Due to day-to-day variations in package volume, driver delivery routes, driver pickup routes, and your location on these routes; UPS is unable to provide or schedule a specific delivery time. Due to our high peak season, the packages will be delivered by 8:00 pm or later.
Erica: So why was it dropped off at a close by facility (!7mins from my home) at 230pm on Friday?
Mario C.: Unfortunately, the package in charge of delivering your package is the UPS location at: UPS CC - N DARTMOUTH
373 CROSS RD
N DARTMOUTH, MA 02747-1969
Mario C.: This is why the package could not be delivered to a UPS location close by.
Erica: No, that IS the UPS location close to me. According to the tracker, it was dropped off at that facility on Friday at 2:38pm. I could have driven there myself to pick it up had they notified me that it was never going to be delivered.
Mario C.: I can see how frustrating this must be.
Mario C.: Rest assured your package will be delivered today.
Erica: I sure hope so. I also hope the driver actuallys knocks or rings doorbell instead of just putting closest spot to house and taking off. I will go with companies who use FedEx or USPS instead from here on out.
AAAAHHHH!!!!

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
Everyone wants to be first on the truck.

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

Suprise, suprise. Package finally came and for the first time ever in 3 years, driver came UP to the door and rang the doorbell and WAITED for us to come to the door.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

See -- Santa Claus does deliver!
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to Zoder

to Zoder
said by Zoder:

Just so you know how it works, only overnight service has a time specific delivery.

Not true. 2nd Day Early AM also has a time specific delivery, 1030am or 12noon.

gillespie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-28
USA

gillespie to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
FedEx delivers on Sat., at least they do where I live.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Normal delivery days are:
FedEx Express - Mon-Fri
FedEx Home - Tue-Sat

gillespie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-28
USA

gillespie

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

Normal delivery days are:
FedEx Express - Mon-Fri
FedEx Home - Tue-Sat

Makes sense, I wasn't aware of their schedule.
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder to billydunwood

to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

Not true. 2nd Day Early AM also has a time specific delivery, 1030am or 12noon.

'You're right there is also early AM available for 2nd day.

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
UPS will use the weather route when they can. Just because there isn't weather in your area doesn't mean there wasn't weather in one of the routes the plane takes to get your package there.

Also note that fog or lightning can play a role in you not getting your package. If the plane can't land because of fog, many times it has to divert to an alternate airport. At this point UPS will use Air drivers (or any warm body they can find) to make meet points with the driver. If you are in an area that has already been serviced you may not get the package depending on how late the air was.

Now if it's a lighting ban, then that means the plane was able to land, but you the employees can't go out on the tarmac to unload, until the lightning subsides.

The reason is for safety. A few years ago in Oklahoma City, several employees were hurt then lightning struck close to the plane injuring several of them. Since then, they wait.

If you really want to get an early delivery here are some suggestions. Of course pay for EAM (very expensive but 8:00 - 10:00) delivery window depending on your zip code (some places don't even offer it).

Order something huge. The driver won't want to carry it on his package car all day and many times will drive out of his/her way to get it out of the way.

Meet the driver. Know where his first few stops are, and meet him there.

Have it held at the center and pick it up at the customer counter.

Have an alternate deliver to a place earlier on the drivers route.

In reality it's all about the driver, the driver is UPS. If you get a good driver, you get good service. If you get a bad driver you get bad service.

You could call and complain, but it won't do a lot (maybe at first), but bottom line the drivers are Union and it's very hard to fire them for doing a poor job.

However more of the drivers are good, especially if you get an older driver who has been around for awhile. The younger drivers just don't have the work ethic as the older ones, and they don't see it as a service company.

Bottom line is all that UPS has to offer is SERVICE. They are United Parcel Service not United Parcel almost Service.

If you feel you have been done wrong, you need to contact the local facility, hub, center, depending where you are located. Calling the 1-800 # is a joke, they are not even UPS employees unless you get to level 3.

Back to the package. It doesn't matter to UPS if they can't deliver your package, they will not deliver it on Saturday unless it was paid and marked as Saturday delivery. You think they can just go and deliver it, but they can't. That is where the Union comes in. They can't contractually deliver non air packages by Saturday drivers who are typically part-time air drivers. Now since yours was 2DA it is technically air, but that is still a no can do.

I could go on and on, but this post is already too long so good luck.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

I had a 2-day air package miss the delivery truck. They drove the package out to meet the driver so he could deliver it. If it was a ground package, they would have waited until the next day.