Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212

Re: kindle or android tablet, for mom?

Get the tablet and stay away from Kindle. I have gone through two Kindles (Keyboard/3G/WIFI version) from them and both of them died on me. They are cheaply made and there is something wrong with their internal electronics.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Now I am worried.... I just bought my g/f a Kindle Fire HD... and I am wondering if I made a $250 mistake..... But she insisted that is what she wanted...

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

Now I am worried.... I just bought my g/f a Kindle Fire HD... and I am wondering if I made a $250 mistake..... But she insisted that is what she wanted...

Not listening to her, may have been a bigger mistake.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
if she just wants to use legal serves and does not want to download games for free then yeah she is fine. If she is willing to pay for her goods and wants to surf read and watch some videos then Kindle Fire HD is fine.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
said by neonhomer:

Well ya know people can be for EVER LIMITED CRAPPLE... you want to go Amazon Android centric and limited you can do much the same.

Maybe you see lower initial price but comes with big limitation cost in the end.... unless you want to get into knowing your way around things maybe rooting to make it more generic and not AMAZON only.