nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

1 recommendation

nwrickert to Anon212

Mod

to Anon212

Re: [Phish] New Phishing Scam On Faceboo?!!

Too little information.

Best is to submit to our phishtracker, though I think you have to sign up as a dslreports member before you can do that.

Your image shows a facebook link. The first thing to check, is whether that is a link to facebook, or to somewhere else. For phish, it is typically to somewhere else. Depending on your mail client, holding the mouse over the link might show where it is on a status display somewhere.

In any case, if unsure, the thing to do is to sign into your facebook account in the normal way. DO NOT use the link in the email. Use whatever is in your bookmarks. If you can sign in normally, and if there is no alert message when you sign in, then the chances are that there is nothing wrong with your facebook account so the email is likely bogus.

Anon212
@ttnet.com.tr

Anon212

Anon

Re: [Phish] New Phishing Scam On Facebook?!!

well as i said the link takes me to a facebook app that has no icon and nothing works on that page except the submit button and the name and password fields (typical phish page), i noticed also that before two days there was a "i forgot my password" link that when you click on it takes to a 404 page, this link is now gone.
the guy did a good job making there message appear real (except for some misspellings at the end) but his phish page is too obvious but even though i think many people can fall for this trick

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22

Premium Member

said by Anon212 :

well as i said the link takes me to a facebook app that has no icon and nothing works on that page except the submit button and the name and password fields (typical phish page), i noticed also that before two days there was a "i forgot my password" link that when you click on it takes to a 404 page, this link is now gone.
the guy did a good job making there message appear real (except for some misspellings at the end) but his phish page is too obvious but even though i think many people can fall for this trick

check the email header info.........it'll be there.........better yet log in 2FB and send a fyi off 2admin..also check you FB msg box....there should be a copy from admin in there............however.....i think you are on to a new species here...keep us posted.......jd