uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

I just had something weird happen, and maybe it's some new A30 feature. It looks like it did a database restart, but not a full box reboot. The Guide data was all wiped out, along with the menus for the first few minutes. But, it still remembered which menus I had last used. In the iGuide Diagnostics, it shows a DB Runtime from just before 9am. The Sys Up Time is from the A30 update two weeks ago.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
It happened again a few hours later. Before that, the iGuide diagnostics showed it still stuck at 11-12 slots (6 hours). I also noticed, in the DB Statistics, that it had done a purge. In the 7+ years I've had iGuide and knew about the diagnostics, I have NEVER seen that before.

I ended up doing a full power-off reboot. So far, after overnight, it's back to normal and filling in the Guide.

I hope this isn't some new A30 bug we will have to live with.

bnculp

join:2001-10-20
Reading, PA
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

I just had something weird happen, and maybe it's some new A30 feature. It looks like it did a database restart, but not a full box reboot. The Guide data was all wiped out, along with the menus for the first few minutes. But, it still remembered which menus I had last used. In the iGuide Diagnostics, it shows a DB Runtime from just before 9am. The Sys Up Time is from the A30 update two weeks ago.

I just noticed a similar occurrence on my DCX3400. I received a new firmware (24.37) and A30 iGuide update in early December. Yesterday the guide data was all wiped out but without a full box reboot. The iGuide data appears to be filling in again this morning .

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
Mine occurred 13 days after the update/reboot. I hope this won't become an every-2-weeks thing.

I was at my parents on Christmas, and their boxes (ancient DCT-2200's) had done the same thing.