uniqs
ssexton71
Premium Member
join:2006-06-22
Delray Beach, FL

ssexton71

Premium Member

[Availability] Offline in S.FL (33444)

This is more of a rant than a request for help...

Myself and 100+ other DSL customers have been offline in S.FL (33444 or thereabout) with no response from AT&T. Calls into tech support only give two results:
1. Pushing back the repair time another 24 hours
2. Tech support reps trying to upsell U-Verse (!)

You can't get a straight answer out of tech support these days (*sniff* I miss the pre-acquisition BellSouth!), but my guess is that they are going to replace the DSLAM again. That's twice in two years. Its become pretty clear that AT&T doesn't care about DSL customers. Unfortunately there is no decent upgrade path in this area. U-Verse is still garbage, and Comcast not much better. Could really do with a third-party HSI!

... rant over. Thanks for listening.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Comcast being garbage must be a local to you problem. I left AT&T DSL for Comcast back in May and it has been excellent.
willpick
Premium Member
join:2008-01-28
Boca Raton, FL

willpick to ssexton71

Premium Member

to ssexton71
I was in the same situation back in early november. DSL had been acting up for 3-4 days, then Blammo-- gone completly for 4 days. Was told every day that it would be fixed within 24 hrs. total lies. I think what happened is the power supply in the DSLAM died and burned out a few cards, 'cause the techs were working on the cabinet for quite awhile.

I'm waiting for ATT to kill the DSL and force me to Uverse. Won't use CC as they want too much, and they won't bundle HSI with my cable TV unless I get the phone too. All I want is HSI. I'll keep my POTS untill ATT takes that away too.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I don't know where you are getting your information on bundling.

I have Comcast cable TV and Performance HSI bundled. There is no requirement that I also take their phone service.

I get at least one offer for various bundle combinations every week in the mail. Hard to believe you don't get them too.

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

Agreed...

Our condo community has bulk cable TV and every other day I get solicitations for stand alone HSI. After all, they already have the fiber/coax here for the TV.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf
said by graysonf:

Comcast being garbage must be a local to you problem. I left AT&T DSL for Comcast back in May and it has been excellent.

Look where you are and they are.... huge market difference... Cumcast sucks here too and why I have stuck with rock solid DSL even in hurricanes when cable has been DOA for weeks.

In Key West Comcast sucks. No back up what so ever... power goes it goes.

And just nature of cable anything upstream fails everything downstream does. And small market are much more serial spaghetti, than big markets like Ft L that have many hubs and very short spaghetti runs.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Delray is part of the Miami to Palm Beach urban sprawl. It's not at the end of the line like Key West is.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

Delray is part of the Miami to Palm Beach urban sprawl. It's not at the end of the line like Key West is.

But it is still the fringe not core.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Go look at a map.