Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Merry Christmas to me.

said by Krisnatharok:

The HP is between the AURIA and something like the Dell in price.

I've only started buying hardware online recently... so I'm still a little reluctant to get something like a monitor online from Newegg.

I was initially looking at the Dell U24M from my local NCIX @$499, but I stumbled on this; which had better reviews, and was much bigger.

I've never had a 1440P monitor before, so I'm pretty happy with the resolution, I can hardly wait to run something like BL2 or Skyrim on it.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The Auria is from Microcenter (online as well), I don't know if it's available in CA or if you'd have to pay an export tax.

The AURIA is typically mentioned as a superior option over the Catleaps and other Korean knockoffs you typically buy on 120hertz or Ebay without a warranty, so you are SOL if it comes with a dead pixel. Microcenter offers a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy.

But if you have the money to spend, the Dell (and I think the HP) offer guaranteed quality.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

The AURIA is typically mentioned as a superior option over the Catleaps and other Korean knockoffs you typically buy on 120hertz or Ebay without a warranty, so you are SOL if it comes with a dead pixel. Microcenter offers a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy.

But if you have the money to spend, the Dell (and I think the HP) offer guaranteed quality.

I was trying pretty hard to find the Auria you mentionned a while back in Canada, but it was a no go.

I decided to check out the Dell U2410, and almost got it, but my better half was not impressed with the price, so I kept digging and found the HP on sale, which I feel is a better monior anyway.