share rss forum feed

Johny

join:2012-12-06
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to rocca

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

Woot! Finally got on start today. Speeds look pretty stable (28/1):

»www.speedtest.net/result/2392307177.png (fluke I guess )
»www.speedtest.net/result/2392309910.png

Now if only I could get faster upload speeds.. that would be awesome. Hopefully sometime soon

Any way to monitor usage? I can track it with my router, but just wondering if theres any official way on the site

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

The CRTC decision on Rogers recent speed upgrades is out, and faster upload should be coming to Start any time. Possibly January:

»Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out
--
electronicsguru.ca

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

That's actually only part of the decision... We're still waiting to find out whether 'old' tiers will get upgraded to these new ones, as Rogers can just grandfather them.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to Teddy Boom

They will be available in January. We have to take a bit of time to analyze the costs to see what the impact will be to our retail packages but as promised, customers on current packages will have the option to stay where they are if they choose.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11

Thanks for the update rocca.

pat2k8

join:2000-12-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1

Hi Rocca, not sure if its just me, but I am experiencing an outage in Burlington, Appleby and Mainway? Any others experiencing a problem?
--

Burlington, Ontario.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

Not that I'm aware of. Start with a factory reset, if still having problems give a call or email support@start.ca and we can go from there. Thanks.

pat2k8

join:2000-12-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1

thx for stating the obvious! LOL, its working great again! Must be too much turkey on the brain........
--

Burlington, Ontario.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

No problem, sometimes gravy gets into the cabling and turns gelatinous. Some Pepto, a reset and you're back in business.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by rocca:

No problem, sometimes gravy gets into the cabling and turns gelatinous. Some Pepto, a reset and you're back in business.

I had heard that it was the Stuffing blocking the data packets.