Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

2013 Chicago cubs

Oh boy. I've been on this list for 5 years and got this today.

I need to find out what the deal is (available seats, packages etc..) but I'm not sure. It's probably a lot of money, which I had 5 yrears ago but now it'll be a stretch.

Should I do it?

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Since 2015 is the year (thank you Back to the Future II), might be time to get on the Season Ticket list, so you are ready in 2 seasons, when the magic happens!

Really though, I wouldn't be too excited for 2013 itself, but if the Theo plan is working, the turn around should be in a couple of seasons -- if you have the $$$ to make it thru the bad times, the good times should be coming

INTENS1
Never Stop Trying
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-21
Midwest
kudos:2
reply to Jon

Go for it....if not, you will regret it forever.....it's only money (and not mine).

If you don't take them, can you sell the "opportunity" to someone else?
--
Anticipate Nothing...Expect Everything

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

said by INTENS1:

If you don't take them, can you sell the "opportunity" to someone else?

I don't know. I have to call them tomorrow. I never saw the email they said they sent me. May have ended up in my spam folder witch I usually empty without really looking through it.

Depending on what's available, I would be willing to let a few people go in on them with me and split them up. Even a "Nights and Weekends" package would be way to many games for me to use them all. I don't have enough time or money to be going to 3 or 4 games a week. Maybe when I retire.

snipper_cr
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL
reply to Jon

Nice dude! My cousins actually got the call for theirs as well. Not sure how many years they had been waiting but it sure was a long time.
--
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
CPL:IA;ASEL/AMEL. CFI:ASE/AME; IA

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
reply to Jon

A friend and a co-worker each had their numbers come up for the waiting list last year. Neither one took it, because they just couldn't make the money work. My co-worker attempted to get a group of friends/other co-workers to put up some money, and I told him I was in, but I never heard back from him about it.

The invitation itself is non-transferable.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon

So I called them. Apparently what happens is I go there on the 12th at my appointment time. I get to look at all the available seats and then walk around in the to actually see them. I need a 10% down payment on that day. According to some PMs with a member here who has season tix the nights and weekends package is about 57 games and around $4K. And final payment due on the 15th. Maybe it's different for a new holder I don't know. We're gonna go see what's up.

While we really want to do this 57 games is way too many. I need to paint my house this summer and if we drop $4K on this, I'm doing it my self. It'll also depends on the seats. I'm not spending thousands for shitty seats.

So if anyone is interested in going in please PM me.

cubs4eva
Premium
join:2004-04-29
Aurora, IL
reply to Jon

This year will at least be entertaining watching Rizzo mash all year.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon

As much as I hate to do it I think we're gonna pass. We haven't gotten any interest from anyone on either going in or just for tickets. We don't want to spend $4K on 50 or 60 games. There's just no way we could do that many. It could change but ATM we leaning towards passing.

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

The Cubs will be bad for a while - you should get a chance next year too. The secret will be to get in the year they improve a lot but nobody realizes it yet. For the next year or two they will continue to shed season ticket holders - you will have other shots at this.
--
Illegitimati non carborundum