InsightTech5
Premium Member
join:2006-11-30
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

InsightTech5 to mark0417

Premium Member

to mark0417

Re: [Speed] Very slow speeds in Louisville (40241)

Hi, I work for Insight Communications in the technical support center. I have read your post and would like to help; however, because you are an anonymous user I am unable to private message you. If you would like help with your issue please send us a message or you can contact us through your local office or enter our online chat at: »helpchat.insightbb.com/n ··· ion=1000. We are very sorry that you are experiencing problems with your service and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Insight Broadband Technical Support
mark0417
join:2012-12-14
Louisville, KY

mark0417

Hello. I thought I was logged in under my registered user ID, but who knows.

I actually called Insight and they sent two techs out - they were actual Insight employees. They replaced some cabling and splitters and had looked into replacing my router, but the new router was worse off than the original, so they put it back. They verified that the speeds coming out of the cable modem were consistent around 22Mbps down, but the router was more inconsistent. They moved my router to a different channel (I live in an apartment so I was using the same channel as about 10 people around me).

So far my speed has been better. However, the techs did mention that for the best experience I may want to consider replacing the router I'm renting from them with a more top-of-the-line router.

So, I think I'm good for now.....

Jeffy479
@insightbb.com

Jeffy479 to InsightTech5

Anon

to InsightTech5
I'm still seeing the slow speeds here in the highlands. Usually around 3mbps in the evenings. Sometimes slower. I've called a couple more times and I'm still getting the same vague answers.

Insight Tech: I live in the 1600 block of Shady Lane in 40205. When will my issues be resolved? I would prefer that you post publicly so others in the area are aware of the ETA.
InsightTech5
Premium Member
join:2006-11-30
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

InsightTech5

Premium Member

Hi, I work for Insight Communications in the technical support center. I have read your post and would like to help; however, because you are an anonymous user I am unable to private message you. If you would like help with your issue please send us a message or you can contact us through your local office or enter our online chat at: »helpchat.insightbb.com/n ··· ion=1000. We are very sorry that you are experiencing problems with your service and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Insight Broadband Technical Support