All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to billydunwood

to billydunwood

Re: Is it really that hard to double check?

You bought somebody an air filter for Christmas?
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

said by Moffetts:

It was a Fram HighPerformance air filter, and was 1 of 3 gifts given to a single person. Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach

Premium Member

said by billydunwood:

said by Moffetts:

It was a Fram HighPerformance air filter, and was 1 of 3 gifts given to a single person. Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.

As someone who loves to give and receive practical gifts, something at this price-point that will last for a decade or longer is genius! Hopefully the shipper will get it sorted out ASAP and the receiver isn't too disappointed in having to wait a few days. Been there and done that and it would be nice if those filling orders would be more careful.
billydunwood
united state

billydunwood

said by Zach:

said by billydunwood:

said by Moffetts:

As someone who loves to give and receive practical gifts, something at this price-point that will last for a decade or longer is genius! Hopefully the shipper will get it sorted out ASAP and the receiver isn't too disappointed in having to wait a few days. Been there and done that and it would be nice if those filling orders would be more careful.

That's exactly what I was thinking, a great gift for a great price.

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to billydunwood

Premium Member

to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.

Have you looked at a dirty air filter? There is only one way a filter lasts 200k miles: it allows all dirt to go through, straight into the engine. And then you won't have to worry about replacing it after 200k miles because the engine will die way before...

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

I believe it was just a poor choice of words. It's a washable filter that would be cleaned every "X" amount of miles, but maybe the suggestion is to replace it at 200k.
billydunwood
united state

billydunwood

said by Johkal:

I believe it was just a poor choice of words. It's a washable filter that would be cleaned every "X" amount of miles, but maybe the suggestion is to replace it at 200k.

right on the money. For the same price online as any other fram filter, I got the High Performance washable one.